Job description Job Description
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SIGNALING CONFIGURATION ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - Italy. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Who We Are in: Naples - Italy
In Naples Hitachi Rail employees roughly 700 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art, signaling systems design, the analysis of safety, reliability and availability, laboratory testing, contract management and control, research and development, procurement, and prevention and protection.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Naples offices are located in the area of San Giovanni a Teduccio, industrial area where is easy to reach the airport and train stations. Mission
Deliver Configuration (Data preparation, sub-system parameters) for Signalling configured sub-systems of small Signalling project (in terms of geography or in terms of number of objects/sub-systems/interfaces involved) in accordance with industry and company standards and Processes. Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the review of configuration requirements allocation and gap analysis and demonstrate the compliance of configuration design documents by the traceability
- Ensure the delivery of sub-systems configurations for small Signalling project including the production and check of configuration documents
- Contribute to the delivery of sub-systems configurations for complex & medium Signalling project, including the production and check of configuration documents
- Ensure that all input data, configuration documents and executable files are issued and controlled in accordance with company processes and guidelines
- Ensure the definition and execution of integration lab tests before handover of the executable files of the configured sub-systems
- Ensure the handover of the configured executable files to Validation and on site testing team
- Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan
- Ensure clearance (analyse and correction) configuration bug found during Validation and on site testing and feed the configuration lessons-learnt database.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Eucation / Qualifications
- Experienced procurement practitioner with the knowledge of strategic sourcing, category management processes and supplier management tools and techniques (although not specifically in the rail industry).
- Experience of negotiating directly with suppliers for all contract provisions.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining successful relationships with business stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent communicator, committed to ensuring the procurement delivers outstanding customer service and creates value through cost and/or service improvement
- Experience of leading and developing cross-functional project teams.
- Strong analytical skills and action focussed to capitalise on identified opportunities
- Robust understanding of Contract law and contract drafting for different types of Product / Services.
- Appreciation of cost saving methodologies such as should-be cost modelling, value engineering and logistics optimisation.
- Strong commercial acumen and data presentation skills with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office packages
- Experience and understanding of Sourcing and Contract Lifecycle Management tools (preferably Bravo Solutions)
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background. Languages
Fluent in English (written and spoken). Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/