Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Installation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Coordinate with integration leads and rail system design leads throughout the various design phases of projects to define and finalize installation interfaces and drawings;
- Understanding the Engineering Installation needs in order to explain them to the internal and external stakeholders
- Comment and review standard installation drawings, developing plan layout, sectional detailed drawings for installing the technical equipment;
- Collecting all the subsystems inputs and integrate them in order to define all the risks and the assumptions;
- Understanding the contractual documents in order to extrapolate the EI requirements and fulfill them;
- Consult with the subsystems WPLs, PE and PM through completion of drafting to ensure design expectations are met;
- Consult with Construction Site Supervisors to find installation solutions in the field via a survey.
- Review Engineering Installation design drawings for client submission and respond to client feedback as needed.
- Manage the various Engineering Installation design sub-contractor projects.
- Support the interface manager and work with the civil partner during the interface process in order to verify their design and make sure it meets EI requirements.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of interface processes between civil works and rail sub-systems within transportation/mass transit;
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Demonstrate a proven record of successful project completion;
- Operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
- Possess strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- Demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines and are self-motivated;
- Possess the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to stay organized and maintain project records;
- Written and verbal English communication skills;
- Must be able to proficiently use AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) (Autodesk Revit or 3D software are considered a plus);
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Civil or Systems Engineering; a Master's degree will be considered an asset;
- Possess at least five (5) years' experience with installation projects;
- Must have the rights to work in USA.
- Desired Skills/Knowledge:
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience;
- Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations;
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems preferred
- Education / Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's degree
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://careers.hitachi.com/ .
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/