HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Global Buyer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Senior Global Category Buyer - Telecom, Security and SCADA , he/she will be part of an international team located between USA, Europe and India and will be in charge of the entire procurement process, starting from request for quotations and offer analysis to negotiating, drafting and issuing Purchase order and Subcontracts related to the Telecom, Security and SCADA categories in North America, South America and Canada.
Other activities to be considered as part of this role are the following:
• Budgeting for tenders in his/her geographic area and when needed support team members in different geographical areas
• Scouting of new suppliers and management of existing one within the given perimeter (technology and geographical)
• Internal stakeholder management within the supply chain, sales, project management and legal Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• At least 5 years' experience in procurement
• Previous experience in large multinational companies / working in matrix organizations
• Knowledge and experience in negotiating contracts (ex. EPC/Turnkey/Design-Build)
• Strong Negotiation skills
• SAP Desired Skills/ Knowledge: Preferred:
Knowledge of the Telecom and/or rail industry in USA and/or South America and/or Canada. Education:
Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages
: English/Spanish Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/