The Finance Director works with the global finance, accounting, and leadership teams to ensure timely and accurate financial information for all aspects of planning, consolidations, and reporting. This includes global financial ledger consolidations, monthly financial and business reviews, annual operating budget, and 3-year mid-term plan processes to ensure robust performance metrics and analysis of results against forecasts and budgets.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the global leadership team on key initiatives, robust financial assumptions, and financial accuracy and results.
- Work closely with the global finance teams to coordinate all aspects of financial and business planning, consolidations, and reporting.
- Work closely with other Hitachi groups, including Hitachi parent organization in Japan, Hitachi Limited, Hitachi Americas Limited, Hitachi Industrial Holdings Americas, and other Hitachi business groups.
- Coordinate tax, banking, audit, and other reporting across global organizations.
- Manage and coordinate the business’s reporting, forecasting, annual budget, and mid-term plan processes.
- Consolidate and prepare all monthly financial statements and reports in Hyperion.
- Prepare monthly business presentations and other types of communication to both Sullair and Hitachi organizations.
- Analyze global financial results and performance, including performance against monthly forecasts and the budget.
- Challenge and standardize our reporting standards and methodology across all global regions.
- Coordinate global Hyperion data submissions, forecasts, results, analysis and modeling.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and decision support on business unit profitability, departmental costs, and other performance metrics.
- Support special projects which enable Sullair to deliver on overall growth and profitability initiatives.
- Support global SAP S4/HANA ERP project.
- Lead a team of three (3) direct reports and indirectly influence finance managers across Americas, China, and Australia organizations.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field with at least 10 years of experience in finance
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Experience and proficiency in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) or equivalent required.
- Experience with SAP ERP systems preferred.
- Experience with Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow preparation and analysis.
- Understanding of both Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- The ability to build and model financial data in Microsoft Excel at a highly proficient level.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with the CFO, President, and business leadership on a routine basis.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- The ability to present complex information in a usable format to a diverse audience.
- Ability to deliver time-sensitive analyses in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to embrace rapid change and ambiguity.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- The ability to work independently and adhere to set deadlines.
- Ability to lead and influence people across a global organization.
- Experience building and leading a team.
- Three (3) direct finance reports in the US.
- Coordinate and manage indirect finance resources across all global regions, including the US, China, Australia, SE Asia, and Japan.
- Work with multiple finance and business partners both globally and across other business divisions within Hitachi.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.