Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The role
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer to perform automation tests on our Data Management and Analytics products.
The successful candidate will work with the engineering team, product management and quality engineer.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design and execute test scenarios based on requirements, user stories and feedback from other team members
- Align with the team to define which tests are suitable to automation
- Hands-on experience in test automation
- Experience writing and executing manual test cases
- Responsible for writing and maintaining product test plans for each release
- Responsible for conducting the testing, including analyze the results
- Actively participate in Agile Ceremonies
- Carry out testing as per the defined procedures
- University degree or extensive experience in Computer Science or related field
- Experienced in software testing and test automation
- Experience in identifying, designing and executing test scenarios
- Expertise working on Linux systems.
- Reliability, perseverance, self-motivated
- Cares about high quality delivery of work products
- Takes ownership, accepts accountability, and sees things through
- Good written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English)
- Knowledge of test management tools like Testrail and defect management tools like JIRA
- Experience or working knowledge of Hadoop(Hortonworks/ Cloudera)
- Experience with Continuous integration/delivery tools such as Jenkins
- Experience or working knowledge of containerization technology
- Development and/or test automation experience on tools such as Selenium, Jmeter, Postman or similar
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.