Company DescriptionCompany Description
Hitachi Solutions is an impact-driven global leader in consulting dedicated to delivering competitive, end-to-end solutions based on the Microsoft Cloud. Our deeply connected teams are unified by our values and our commitment to helping clients succeed and compete with the largest global enterprises. We are a division of the 38th largest company in the world and carry the strength of a vast network of interconnected Hitachi companies all while remaining nimble, agile, and ready to pivot at a moment's notice.
Hitachi Solutions started as three founding partners and transformed into nearly 2,000 consultants, developers, and support personnel all around the globe. With 36 Microsoft Partner of the Year awards, Hitachi Solutions has established itself as a leading partner in the ever-growing landscape of technology consulting.Job Description
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Modern Solutions team. Candidates joining this team will have accelerated access to senior management and be part of our talent development program.
At its core, we are a family of technologists looking to expand our team of quick learners who are able to design, test, and propose solutions for our customers while leveraging the Azure product catalog.
The strongest candidates are expected to have a wide grasp of modern technology components (full stack + architecture) as well as strong EQ and leadership skills, with a command of language and comfort in presenting approved solutions to new and existing customers.ACE IN A NUTSHELL
The ACE team sits at the intersection of technology, innovation, creativity, and blended learning. At our core, we are obsessed with providing customers with the best solutions to their biggest challenges.
We build B2B enterprise software: smart vehicles, custom web apps that hit hundreds of thousands of people, and big data warehouses are just some of what you will have the opportunity to develop. We are Microsoft Gold Certified in Application Development, Cloud Platform, Data Analytics, Data Platform and many more.
You'll work out of our bustling Chicago office, side-by-side with experts in all things Data Platform, Data Science, Application Development, User Experience, and Cloud Infrastructure. Expect rapid career growth-we preach recognition and reward those with the aptitude and attitude to get it right.ONCE YOU'RE HERE...
You'll have full access to our reference architecture. Our services methodology is built on reusable technology components, patterns, and processes that have been refined and proven on thousands of production solutions. You'll learn to develop complex data architectures, solve for real-time data needs of large businesses, and navigate the changing landscape of the Azure stack.
You will collaborate regularly with our experts, work across numerous industries, clients, and technologies. You will learn something new every day and begin adding value to our team almost immediately. You'll join our flagship Launch Program to get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
You will partner with clients across several key industries including Healthcare, Manufacturing and Industrial Products, Financial Services, Professional Services, Engineering and High Technology, Retail and more.
Beyond the tech, you'll benefit from dollar for dollar 401(k) matching (up to 6% of your salary), ongoing structured learning opportunities, subsidized healthcare, vision, and dental plans (amongst others), a fully stocked snack, coffee, and drink bar, and a laid-back team looking to disrupt the status quo.QualificationsRELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Our basic requirement is that you must have completed a relevant job, program, or degree at some point in the recent past. You should have experience working with others collaboratively, thinking critically about solving problems and technically executing. You should be hungry to learn new technology, humble with your willingness to help others, and socially capable of working collaboratively.
NICE TO HAVES:
- You must be able to work with customer stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements.
- You must be a strong reader with the ability to self-learn and experiment continuously as new products and services come to market.
- (Preferred) You have deep experience with Microsoft Azure (or alternatively AWS or another public cloud).
- You should have knowledge in one or more of the following languages and be able to write and test working code with ease:
- You should understand a broad range of IT concepts, including at least a base level understanding of the following, with the strongest candidates exceeding this requirement:
- An understanding of modern application design including clear understanding of SOLID, and the components of full stack development.
- An understanding of relational system design, including enterprise data warehousing.
- A summary level of networking knowledge, including knowledge of routing, VPN's, firewalls, and subnetting.
- Authentication and security knowledge, including Certificate/Asymmetric encryption, OAuth/Active-Directory flows, and common security threats.
- A summary level of machine learning knowledge.
- You must have prior, hands-on experience supporting at least one of the following:
- Application Development
- Public Cloud Architecture
- Experience working in other consulting or client facing roles.
- Leadership experience; especially entrepreneurial or technology leadership.
- Experience with or the ability to quickly learn about Azure Products, including:
- Azure Data Factory V2
- Azure SQL / Elastic Pools / SQL-Dw (Synapse) / Analysis Services
- Databricks (Spark)
- IoT Hub / Event Grids / Event Hubs / Logic Apps
- Azure Functions & Kubernetes
- Azure Networking (Subnets, ExpressRoute, Peering, etc.)
- Power BI
- Dynamics CE / F&O
Beyond the tech, you'll benefit from dollar for dollar 401(k) matching (up to 6% of your salary), ongoing structured learning opportunities, subsidized healthcare, vision, and dental plans (amongst others), a fully stocked snack, coffee, and drink bar, and a laid-back team looking to disrupt the status quo.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.