Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
Hitachi Vantara is scouting for a Vice President of Engineering for our industrial software portfolio. The VP will lead a global engineering team(approximately 60 engineers), responsible for product delivery of Hitachi Vantara's portfolio that encompasses edge/core, IoT (Lumada), industrial software and associated tools and solutions. Responsibilities
- Direct product development while providing technical direction and guidance for Lumada data analytics and industrial offerings, as well as hands-on project management for all engineering activities
- Drive continuous delivery of product updates and improvements for Hitachi Vantara Digital Solutions, including maintenance releases and product roadmap releases
- Lead the strategic plan for the direction and control of product development activities while providing technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management for all engineering activities
- Collaborate with product management to develop a holistic roadmap that maximizes customer value, participating in product definitions and specification development.
- Lead the strategic plan for the direction and control of product development activities while providing technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management for all engineering activities.
- Oversee translation of product direction into plans to develop and deliver high-quality products on time and within budget.
- Build relationships across the organization with Japanese counterparts, functional and business unit leaders, ensuring a culture of communication and collaboration.
- Serve as a catalyst in bringing together new ideas and creative processes to execute a technical vision. Foster innovation and sharing of best practices with other cross-functional groups while creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Lead a globally distributed team of 60 engineers, working to build the team culture remotely. Recruit, mentor and supervise staff to accomplish the departmental objectives. Participate in staff planning, career progression and performance management.
- Further the professional development of the engineering team, recruiting and growing the organization into a high-performing team that releases high quality products on time and on budget on a regular basis. Be viewed by the team as a respected technology leader, one that adds value to the team from a technology, process and leadership standpoint.
- Work collaboratively with services and Hitachi FBU's to identify portfolio offerings to bring forward
- Product development leadership in a cloud SaaS/PaaS/IaaS business, with experience in IoT and analytics.
- Broad cloud capability with deep experience across containers/Kubernetes, AI, ML, infrastructure, app development; demonstrates a strong sense of cloud platform and infrastructure implementation.
- Strong track record of success in the architecture, development and delivery of world class software solutions. Inherent knowledge of development and architectural processes and best practices to manage multiple, large scale, and co-dependent product development projects consistently on time and on budget.
- Experience driving product development transformation and software execution. Comfortable building and shaping an Agile/iterative development model. A track record of transforming development capabilities through the use of modern approaches.
- Strong record of collaboration across a large complex organization to leverage and motivate engineering teams not directly under her/his purview.
- Track record of building, retaining and nurturing best-in-class software development teams; with a focus on collaboration.
- Deep understanding of how to translate customer needs in a hybrid environment; ability to translate this into operational requirements that are reflected in an improved product portfolio.
- Experience in instituting standards, procedures and methodologies, always looking for areas of improvement and better ways to do things. Knowledgeable in the use of structured project methodologies.
- Experience building, leading and scaling global, multi-site engineering teams. Adaptable and inclusive with the ability to easily establish credibility with teams outside of North America.
- Will have a track record of driving and shaping change, not just participating in the status quo. Someone who is comfortable and thrives in ambiguity. Led through significant organization change and shifts in strategy; shifting development teams, building greenfield sites, integrating acquisitions being examples.
- The ability, confidence and desire to challenge assumptions and the status quo in a way that is additive and gains buy-in. A culture warrior who inspires an inclusive, collaborative and aspirational team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.