Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The role of the Territory Account Manager is to create business growth for Hitachi Vantara. This is achieved by building strong relationships with customer's key stakeholders to understand their business drivers and sell Hitachi Vantara solutions. The Sales Account Representative must understand Hitachi Vantara's portfolio of products, services and solutions to uniquely solve a customer's needs and become a long term trusted solutions partner. The Sales Account Representative may sell direct or indirect to customers and as such may utilize a variety of go to market partners to be successful.Responsibilities
Owns the relationship with the customer and is responsible for understanding a customer's key stakeholders and decision makers. Works collaboratively with Hitachi Vantara's sales support teams to implement impactful sales and account planning strategies to accelerate sales growth and build the best possible solution for the customer. Successful sales strategies may include:
- Understanding the customer's key business drivers, current micro and macro-economic trends, industry trends and strategy. Understanding how the customer competes in their marketplace and industry. Provides unique and sophisticated perspectives for the customers for trusted relationships. Identifies new perspectives and ideas on how Hitachi Vantara can help a customer maintain or grow their business or competitive advantage. Creates customer insights that Hitachi Vantara's capabilities and solutions can provide to the customers and its key stakeholders.
- Provides an Hitachi Vantara tailored solution(s) that resonates with a customer and solves their unique business opportunity.
- Maintains the relationship through the entire selling and delivery cycle to ensure that all objectives are met, manages a positive customer sales experience and develops future opportunities within these customers.
- Balancing between short term and long term growth for all opportunities to achieve and exceed targets and expand market share. Proactively identifies and pursues new accounts and/or new opportunities within existing accounts to drive Hitachi Vantara's business growth.
- Creates strong internal and external partner and alliance relationships to be recognized as a leading partner in local market or territory. Remains current with Hitachi Vantara's product, service and solution portfolio by attending internal trainings, seminars, websites to effectively provide the entire solution. Keeps current with competitive advantage and industry trends to effectively support customers' requirements.
- Accurately and regularly forecasts sales pipeline for effective support of the business strategy. Ensures that any gaps between current position and goal are proactively and regularly assessed and strategies and tactics are developed to address gaps.
- Regularly updates and maintains all account information and activity in CRM tool. Ensures all territory, account and opportunity plans and strategies are documented and up to date in the relevant account planning tool.
- Supports the broader Hitachi team where required, including providing relevant information for customer success stories and supporting channel and marketing initiatives and events as required.
- Performance Measures
- Achieves sales quota and profitability targets
- Forecast accuracy
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by Hitachi Vantara's management.
- Completes required and assigned training and development objectives within the assigned time frames.
- Business or similar degree qualification preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of strategic sales experience in a business to business sales environment selling software and solutions in complex business environments.
- Preferred: 5 years' experience in Storage market in Australia region (Perth).
- Proven track record in achieving annual quotas exceeding US$5M.
- Assertive self-starter with the ability or manage work in a dynamic and competitive environment to drive demand for Hitachi Vantara systems.
- Has strong business technical and business acumen to understand the customer's business objectives and sell to a broad set of customer stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in providing valuable perspective or insights to customers by staying relevant and current with micro and macro-economic and industry trends.
- Experience selling through or with partners and alliances to win in the marketplace.
- Strong executive presence including strong relationship building and interpersonal communications.
- Demonstrates strong decision-making skills to coordinate activities with partnerships and networks for successful sales.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills in complex and multi-level sales environment.
- Demonstrated ability to positively collaborate and engage with a broader team to achieve successful results.
- A strong and confident communicator and presenter, comfortable operating and presenting at all levels within the customer including senior management or CXO level.
- Experience to work and coordinate with a virtual team of experts on products, services, solutions and management to build account strategies and plans.
- Operates with the highest integrity and effectively role models and upholds our Company Values, the Hitachi Spirit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.