Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Software Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Munich - Germany. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Support the proper requirements management (identification & apportionment between GA and SA) for all the phases of the software lifecycle according to company standard processes (IMS).
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of a complete solution (Modules, documentation and tools), applying company standard processes (IMS).
- Contribute to the correct operation of the SW on the applicable platforms
- Contribute to provide the proper level of support to the other functional units (RAMS, Verification, Test & Commissioning,..)
- Contribute to the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function, applying company standard processes (IMS).
Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan Job requirements
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Possess 3+ years of experience as a systems engineer or business analyst for a large, complex software application
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Be able to demonstrate prior experience:
- Writing clear, measurable, testable software requirements
- Eliciting information from multiple sources and creating requirements for a software solution that satisfies all inputs
- Decomposing customer and internal systems specifications into software requirement specifications
- Acting as a technical liaison with end-user clients during the development of software requirements, designs, and test procedures
- Creating large and complex Software Requirement Specifications (SWRS) documents including Interface Control Design Documentation (ICDD) and Software Architecture Design (SWAD) documents
- Creating a Requirement Traceability Matrix from test procedures back to requirements and customer specifications
- Using requirement management systems, software configuration management tools, and MS Office suite
- Possess experience in software development
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent presentation skills and time management
- Possess excellent leadership skills in motivating project/product personnel towards a common goal
- Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions
- Have the ability to think strategically in groups to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions
- Experience in SQL language
Education / Qualifications
- Experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- Experience with DOORS
- Experience in an Agile environment
Education: Bachelor's degree
English and German Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://careers.hitachi.com.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/