Hitachi Asia Ltd. is searching for an Engineering Technician (1-year contract renewable) to work on the Proton Beam Therapy System equipment installation project at the National Cancer Centre in Singapore. The Engineering Technician will be responsible for providing support during the commissioning phase under the direction of the Hitachi commissioning manager and engineer.
He/she will be involved in the adjustment, measurement, test and inspection of equipment installed at the National Cancer Centre, Singapore. The Proton Beam Therapy System is recognized worldwide as a state-of-the-art system, composed of a particle accelerator, rotating gantry and its control systems etc.
Support the quality and process of commissioning activity on the Proton Beam Therapy System, which will include the following responsibilities:
- Perform test, inspection, adjustment and commissioning of equipment installed in the newly built Proton Beam Therapy System at the National Cancer Centre in Singapore. Examples of the equipment include accelerator systems, irradiation systems, devices for patient alignment and safety interlock systems.
- Verify control of the whole system after the test, inspection and adjustment of equipment is complete.
- Perform safety tests so that transportation operation of proton beam can be adjusted.
- Make adjustments to transport a proton beam, after the adjustment and verification of the whole systems are completed.
- Adjust the parameters of equipment installed in the accelerator system based on information acquired from the monitor of accelerator system on the console.
- Measure and evaluate the irradiation system integrity, distribution, and positioning accuracy of a volume of proton beam for patient treatment with special measuring equipment, after the transportation adjustment for proton beam is complete.
- Verify the system integrity from reception through completion of treatment (without patient).
- Interface with relevant groups of site organization and customer, and assist with commissioning, coordination and performance verification of equipment of the Proton Beam Therapy System in accordance with the test specifications, commissioning procedures which are issued by Hitachi, Ltd.
- Prepare records as directed in the drawings or commissioning procedures for commissioning activities under the guidance of the Commissioning Engineer.
- Revise the testing and inspection procedures as directed. Prepare drafts of the nonconformance report, submit the nonconformance report to the Chief Supervisor of commissioning when the non conformance is found during commissioning. Submit the nonconformance report to the Site QA after obtaining review from the Chief Supervisor and approval from the Site QA. Issue the inspection report (or nonconformance report) in order to obtain view or instruction from the responsible departments of Hitachi, Ltd. where applicable, confirm the instruction for corrective action by the responsible departments of Hitachi, and restart commissioning.
- Submit the inspection report or nonconformance report, including the corrective action taken, to Chief Supervisor of commissioning.
- Associate’s degree or Technical Certification in Engineering or a related discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Field Measurement, etc.) required or equivalent work experience (2 years) is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience including the following:
- Support of troubleshooting construction/installation problems
- Experience providing maintaining services for medical devices, industrial plants, or nuclear power equipment
- Must be able to work at elevated heights of at least 35 feet.
- Interpretation of technical drawings, sketches, wiring diagrams and piping diagrams.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work shift work and modified hours, flexibility for on-call.
- Must demonstrate ability to work well with various personnel demonstrating a good attitude and ability to work successfully as a member of the team.
- Thorough knowledge of calibration, metrology and other technical equipment.