We are a global $5bn technology firm with a portfolio that spans hardware/storage, cloud, big data, analytics, ML/AI and IoT. Our Digital Solutions Business Unit (DSBU) are making a number of investment hires as we grow our Utilities, Energy sector where we work across Generation, Transmission and Distribution.
The Solutions Architect has a deep domain knowledge of the Utilities vertical and will work as an advisory consultant to our customers in the industry practices supporting the go to market for: (1) the Hitachi Vantara Lumada (IoT) platform and related services to support data management, data operations, analytics and machine learning, and (2) the Hitachi/ABB Power Grids Digital Enterprise software and associated services for asset management, operations management and predictive maintenance
You will understand client needs and position our compelling software and services across our 5 core solutions offerings:
1. Digital Transformation and Data Modernization
2. Intelligent Operations Management
3. Connected Asset Performance
4. Health Safety - Environment Solutions
5. Intelligent Energy Management
You will be supporting a dedicated sector team (including but not limited to) a sales lead, a product management, engineering as well as the wider - established EMEA Hitachi Vantara sales organisation. We have a strong pipeline to execute, leveraging the ABB Powergrids and Vantara footprints in EMEA, so the role will encompass working with existing Hitachi accounts and supporting the acquisition of new logos, taking to market the range of solutions detailed above to any/all customers in the EMEA region - so a very broad remit which is both an opportunity and a challenge.
• Broad knowledge of new solutions and technologies (SaaS, Analytics, AI/ML, Big Data, Cloud, Agile IT, Containers, and various competitor offerings)
• Experience in developing Business Models and Value Propositions that describe and quantify the business value of a solution
Translates project-specific needs into cloud-based SaaS APM offerings that will suit customer project needs in terms of functional requirements, resource usage and scalability
• Clear sector focus on customers in this vertical(s) with a deep understanding of the business, operational and technical challenges faced by our clients
• International experience supporting customers and sales cycles across geographies, cultures and markets in these sectors/sub sectors
• An internal networker who can build strong relationships with Country Managers, Sales Directors and Account Managers from the wider Hitachi Vantara business units to penetrate accounts
• Desirable would be a mix of experience in both large consulting/advisory/IT Services companies AND either small/start-up businesses or within industry
This is a chance for the right candidate to help build a Digital Business in EMEA - like joining a start up inside a $5bn global firm. A huge challenge but an even bigger opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status