Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Control System Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
• Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products
• Create requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents.
• Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
• Interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, and application engineers) and external stakeholders (customers, contractors, local authorities, external assessor) to ensure consistent communication.
• Develop and execute commissioning plans, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling. Onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
• Coordinate work sequences, schedules, resources and punch list items.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute testing protocols to achieve commercial operation, based on contractual requirements.
• Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of the entire plant in a safe manner, including controls and communication networks, power supplies, auxiliary systems like fire detection, ventilation, HMI.
• Provide local/remote technical support troubleshooting during commissioning, and operation as needed.
• Develop customer training and handoff material to internal and external O&M teams. Develop a train-the-trainer program to enable successful handoffs for safe operation of the plant.
• Create professional commissioning and testing reports for internal stakeholders and external customers.
• Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
Ownership of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: service reports, issue logging/tracking, job safety analysis, quality compliance. Required Skills & Experience
(MUST-HAVE minimum requirements)
• 3-5 years" experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of current CCTV technology, including interpretation of user requirements, specification of CCTV cameras, PTZ solutions, encoding/decoding and compression protocols, video data interfacing/transmissions, mobile and central video recorders, operator control solutions, display panels, video analysis, integration with Physical Security Management System
• Knowledge of the concepts related to the protection of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical circumstances and events that could cause serious losses or damage to a transportation system. This includes protection from fire, natural disasters, vandalism.
Knowledge and understanding of Intrusion and Access Control System, perimeter intrusion detection System, integration with Fire Detection System or SCADA System, integration with CCTV, user access permission configuration, biometric identification. Desired Skills & Experience
• 3-5 years' experience. Knowledge and understanding of current CCTV technology, including interpretation of user requirements, specification of CCTV cameras, PTZ solutions, encoding/decoding and compression protocols, video data interfacing/transmissions, mobile and central video recorders, operator control solutions, display panels, video analysis, integration with Physical Security Management System
• Preferred previous experiences as SCADA and/or Maintenance Management System specialist in Railways and Mass Transit market.
• Basic knowledge of SCADA and/or Maintenance Management Systems
• Basic knowledge of communication protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP and Modbus).
• Basic knowledge of standards and norms related to Safety Integrity Level (hw and sw).
• Basic knowledge of problems and solutions related to wiring and connections, cabinets, cable paths, connections to Civil Works.
• Knowledge of the concepts related to maintenance principles, database, protocols for data transfer and collection, configuration of maintenance asset and work orders, warehouse management and spare parts.Knowledge of the concepts related to the protection of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical circumstances and events that could cause serious losses or damage to a transportation system. This includes protection from fire, natural disasters, vandalism.
• Knowledge and understanding of Intrusion and Access Control System, perimeter intrusion detection System, integration with Fire Detection System or SCADA System, integration with CCTV, user access permission configuration, biometric identification
• Act keeping in mind the impacts of his/her own work on the whole 'Company system' and understanding the economic consequences of his/her activities both on client and organizational perspectives. Propose simple and efficient solutions to meet customer needs.
• Commit to understanding and delivering against customer requirements, keeping them informed about progress on a specific activity/project. Actively seek information to understand customer circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
• Provide contributions in defining personal stretching goals. Focus on new or more effective ways of improving his/her own work and meeting targets. Commit to exceed expectations.
• Set stretching and realistic targets for him/herself and his/her team, improving performance and benchmarks against industry standards and competition. Recognize and celebrate the achievement of milestones and goals.
• • Understand areas of improvement and define a personal development plan to follow whose progress is regularly checked. Welcome new assignments for personal development.
• Understand markets and industrial trends and their changes and how they may affect the Company/the Group. Keep him/herself updated on products, services, markets and clients in order to plan activities.
• Adapt to different cultures and international environments establishing relationships that create business benefit.
• Accommodate for cultural differences to improve effectiveness and adapt leadership style depending on the situation (adherence to the team's expectations).
• Compare him/herself and his/her team against the international best practices. Encourage the contribution of different people with different experiences and backgrounds in order to optimize outcomes. Pursue opportunities to learn about other cultures using an open-minded approach.
• Seek opportunities to expand and leverage knowledge across organizational boundaries. Draw upon multiple and diverse sources for ideas and inspiration. Examine and evaluate potential solutions before accepting any.
• Review performance and learn from mistakes. Be aware of technological/organizational developments that could provide innovative solutions to improve performance and add value. Target important innovation areas and develop solutions addressing meaningful work issues Education / Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor's degree Languages
English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/