Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The RoleJob Overview
This Software Integration Engineer (Intern) will participate in all activities for the successful validation of Hitachi Software and Hardware products and solution in the areas of Infrastructure Management Software, Replication Software, Cloud Solutions, and Mainframe Solutions Engineering.Job Functions.
- Responsible for setting up test beds to validate operational performance of Software products.
- Responsible for executing testing of our Software products to validate functionality and customer use cases.
- Investigating areas where our software products can be improved to add a competitive advantage in the market.
- Participates in team meetings and is responsible for identifying, communicating and following-up on action plans to achieve key milestones in each project.
- Interfaces with Partner's appointed individuals in ensuring that Hitachi partner's projects are appropriately defined and developed.
- Coordinates with Product Marketing, Project Management, Documentation, Engineering, and other Hitachi functions as appropriate, to plan, execute, and document all the validation we commit to support.
- Publish various white papers, final reports, blogs, and best practices resulting from projects.
- Lead, where appropriate, and collaborate in other projects and activities that may fall outside the main scope, but that can provide a strong contribution to the organization and the company.
- Proficient with operating systems: Microsoft Windows at a minimum, and Linux experience would be a big plus
- Linux and Linux shell scripting
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. At minimum, know how - when to use:
- Word: styles, printable versus non-printable characters, page break versus carriage returns, cross-references
- Excel: Pivot tables, absolute versus relative references, text-to-columns
- Basic understanding of computer networking: OSI layers, switch versus router, components of an IP address
- Any programming experience or scripting would be a big plus
- Performance analysis experience
- Cloud computing and Containers are a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Technical Presentations
- Experience with technical writing is a big plus. A sample would be great. A sample content created over a long period (more than 3 months) to demonstrate follow-through. For example: school project report or something created for a hobby.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.