Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
• Contribute to development of new and existing software solutions with an obsessive customer focus, and by providing input to the roadmap to create maximum value for our product
• Ensure that delivery of our offerings and solutions is of high quality and meets client needs
• Collaborate with global team members to do product development using industry standard agile and test-driven development
• Work with project managers, on-shore/off-shore delivery team to deliver product in an Agile, DevOps environment
• Ability to communicate effectively, including using documentation, architecture diagrams, etc.
• Work with Product Management to help prioritize internal technical milestones appropriately, so that customer facing deliverables can be met on-time and with high quality.
• Mentor and grow the development team
• Full stack engineer. Solid experience developing microservices in Java or other languages. Solid experience in DevOps, AWS, Azure. We expect our software development leaders to be capable of writing software and to lead the team by example.
• Solid understanding of operations, deployment and networking. We expect our architects to understand how operations teams will install and use the software, so that the architecture can take that into account.
• 10+ years' experience developing software
• 5+ years' experience managing technical teams
• 5+ years' experience automating deployment and/or operations
• 2+ years' experience with Kubernetes
• 5+ years' Cloud experience (example: Amazon Web Services)
• 2+ years' automation experience using Jenkins or other CI / CD orchestrators
• Chef, Puppet or Ansible
• Cloud networking
• Amazon Web Services
• Microsoft Azure
• Java (or any other OO programming language)
• UNIX shell scripting