Job ID: R0001116
Date Posted: Apr 21, 2021
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail
business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting role you will :
Licences / Competences
• Sound general railway operational knowledge (EG signalling, power supply, geography)
• Technical Understanding of Traction and Rolling Stock (preferably class 395)
• M & E ONC or served apprenticeship with mechanical, electrical disciplines
• Engineering based NVQ level 3
• Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
• Remain calm under pressure
• Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
Licences / Competences
• Interrogate available train data to identify unit & fleet issues using Virdict/Trainlink as available
• Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel, Outlook,
• Equinox, Genius, Trust, CCIL, P2, DOTEL
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!