Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Our Practice
Our Manufacturing Practice is focused on partnering with Clients in their Industry 4.0 transformational journey.
The manufacturing practice can bring to bear on customer problems, our learnings as a manufacturer, our domain expertise and blend an approach that includes off-the-shelf solutions or engineer specific solutions leveraging our solution cores. The focus is outcomes that will accelerate your digital industrial transformation. Based on our experience, the customer solution domains of greatest interest and relevance to manufacturing transformation include:
- Health - Safety
- Supply Chain
We adopt a consulting led approach to ensure that solving complex business challenges is always at the core of our engagements.The Role
This role is responsible for creating new Digital opportunities within existing Hitachi Vantara accounts and pursuing net-new customer accounts. You will have responsibility for our global industries territory focused on Manufacturing customers and will be expected to collaborate with Hitachi Vantara account managers and territory managers to develop strategies for existing and new accounts. Responsibilities
As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will be be focusing primarily on client service and solutions development with additional responsibilities in capability building.
- Client service
- Staffed (on-shore/off-shore) as a SME Consultant on client studies, bring to bear expertise in Intelligent Mfg. related topics. One will be expected to help clients think through how to adapt their operations in response to the continuing growth of advanced manufacturing technologies, including digital manufacturing.
- Leverage your deep knowledge and expertise in the application of advanced manufacturing technology, including digital and big data, to improve end-to-end operations from product development to manufacturing to service.
- Drive Proposal preparation and bring strong insights out of the data analysis
- Solutions / Knowledge development
- As a SME on Intelligent Manufacturing related topics, one would help lead development of new cutting edge knowledge. The Consultant will be expected to work on application of Digital across areas of Safety, Quality, Production, Maintenance and Supply Chain.
- This knowledge investment would be with a view to support client acquisition, enhancing practice delivery capability and bring greater impact to the client development efforts / reputation building efforts / client engagements.
- Contribute towards 4-5 thought leaderships in a fiscal
- Present at external conferences and become a brand ambassador and aspire to become a thought leader
- Capability building
- Critical involvement in leading the build out of 'Intelligent Mfg.' team - developing the capabilities in this area. Provide thought leadership in developing services in the areas of Operations improvement and effectiveness, jointly working with the firm's practice globally, and to offer new services to clients.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated a strong business sense, a deep understanding - experience in Operations (Lean/ SCM / Asset Management/Quality Excellence / Safety) and strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Business acumen
- Ease in approaching issues from a top management view and discussing them in the overall context of a business. Demonstrated ability to develop and apply information-driven analytic approaches to solve critical business questions in a practical manner with tangible results.
- Track record of managing large teams, Proven ability to manage client engagements under high stress to successful completion
- Be responsible for farming existing relationships and seek opportunities for recurring annuity business
- Domain expertise
- Deep domain experience / expertise in Operations.
- Extremely strong understanding of Lean and Six Sigma techniques and having hands on experience of implemented Operations improvement and ME (Manufacturing Excellence) projects
- Demonstrate a very strong functional understanding of processes, systems and megatrends around one or more focused industries. Should have worked on industry primers or solution collaterals (around focused industries as listed below)
- Manage end-to-end consulting projects for clients in the areas of Productivity enhancement, cost optimization, maintenance and asset management, inventory and change management
- Experience of Industry 4.0 is desirable. Understanding of digital megatrends, use cases and opportunities is must
- Analytical skills - Hands on experience of statistical tools (Minitab or statistica) and can guide the execution/delivery team on data insights, analytical viewpoints, alternate methods/ techniques of problem solving.
- Problem solving - Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, develop hypotheses, and develop actionable recommendations from data and analysis
- Communication - Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively (especially directed to senior executive audience)- both verbally and in writing - in English and the local office language(s)
- University degree and excellent academic record required; advanced degree preferred
- 10-15 years of overall experience, spanning across management consulting in operations (with Tier 1 Consulting firms) and in hands-on Industry roles focused across areas such as production assembly line, quality, maintenance, supply-chain and safety functions
- Focus Industries: automotive, metals - mining, pharma, medical, or industrials
- Willingness to travel
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.