Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated HSE ADVISOR
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Ryadh - SAUDI ARABIA.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Support the leadership of the HSE team and achieve business goals that meet shareholders expectations in a manner that focuses on health, safety and environmental, continuous improvement and good corporate governance. Accountabilities
- Assist the HSE Manager to enable HSE project alignment;
- Assist in identifying of OHSE Local Legal and Customer Requirements and supervise the correct implementation of Hitachi Rail's activities (includes supplier and subcontractors) in compliance with OHSE Policies, OHSE Legislative requirements and OHSE Management System;
- Support the HSE Manager in mentoring and advising of the Project manager, Construction Manager and all Hitachi Rail Staff about OHSE requirement sin order to guarantee OHSE technical and regulatory compliance;
- Prepare, maintain and implement all documents and procedures needed for the Project, in accordance to Local Legislation, HSE Client Requirement and to the Hitachi Rail STS Management System (Site Health and Safety Plan, Environmental Construction Plan, etc) under the HSE Manager supervising;
- Support in the implementation and maintaining of all documentations and procedures needed for Project, in accordance to OHSE Local Legislation, OHSE Customer Requirement, Branch documentation and the OHSE Management System;
- Execute the HSE coordination activities and report the results (Minutes of Meeting) between Hitachi Rail STS, Sub-contractors, Customer and other interested parties during the execution of the works;
- Support in OHSE coordination activities organizing weekly and monthly OHSE meetings and providing guidance for the activities in accordance with OHSE law, standards and codes, Customer and Hitachi Rail requirements;
- Attend HSE Meetings with Hitachi Rail Project team, Subcontractor and Supplier regarding his area of responsibility.
- Participate to the ongoing OHSE hazard identification, risk assessment, determination and implementation of necessary control measure and to the identification and management of Local potential emergency situation for the Project;
- Implement the method statements hazard analysis and risk assessment preparation for every construction activity, communicating the risks to the work crew (awareness and training program) and audit implementation for compliance;
- Identify areas of improvement of Environmental performance by the implementation of Improvement Plans, recommend and monitor the HSE objectives and improvement targets and provide periodic feedback to the HSE Manager;
- Ensure the HSE KPI monitoring and implement reports in relation to the Client, Hitachi Rail Corporate and Local Authorities Requirements;
- Implement HSE reports with the project status progress of the activities (incidents, near misses, control sub-contractors, KPI etc.) to be submitted to Hitachi Rail Corporate HSE office and Client;
- Implement and perform OHSE Audits and Inspection and reports in relation to the Plans developed by HSE Manager;
- Inspect and report on daily basis the work areas on site to assure that OHSE measures are opportunely applied and OHSE risk are individuated and monitored;
- Verify that the workers have all mandatory OHSE training for using vehicles, plant and equipment, safeguards and works with critical risks (confined space works, working at high etc.).
- Evaluate the needs required for site equipment and verify that all necessary certifications are in place;
- Perform OHSE Incident Investigations and implements reporting.
- Gather and analyse safety data and analyse injury and illness trends over time so that opportunities for prevention can be identified.
- Organize the monthly Emergency Response Exercise, and provide the performance report.
- Coordinates and conducts induction and safety training in accordance with the project OHSE program and Customer's requirements;
- Ensure that all visitors, vendors, and subcontractor (all tiers) personnel comply with HSE requirements.
- Prepare documentation for the periodical Health and Safety Management Review.
- Stop the work operations, and intervene where there is imminent risk of an HSE impact or environmental impact occurs.
- Prepare the proper documentation and lead to the HSE Management review meeting for the project.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Management, etc.);
- Minimum of 5 Years of Experience in HSE Management in Construction Project of Railways, Power Supply, Electromechanical Equipment, Transportation or similar projects;
- Fully knowledge of UAE Standards and Codes applicable to the Works and continuously updated for any changes in regulations and laws;
- Certified skilled Auditor for 14001 (Env. Audit) and 18001/45001 (H&S Audit);
- Grade A Practitioner according OSHAD-SF requirements;
- Project and Construction Management techniques
- Perform training process, including training needs analysis for facilities
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Good communication skills dealing with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Establishment and improvement of the Local HSE management system
- Excellent HSE risk evaluation and management skills
- Identification and management of HSE legislative and other requirements
- Reaching the HSE objectives for continuous improvement
- Excellent IT (Word, Outlook, Excel), analytical and problem solving and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, management and coordination skills;
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- English- Proficiency (B2-C1)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail