Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling System Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Ensure the allocation of subsystem Signaling requirements and the Signaling requirements management activities
• Ensure that Signaling subsystems interfaces are clearly identified, defined, documented, agreed and managed
• Ensure the definition and monitor the implementation of the Signaling Migration Strategy and the execution of the Signaling performances simulation activities
• Ensure the issue of the Signaling System documents (overall Signaling Architecture and Signaling System Requirements, Signaling System Test & Commissioning for lab and on site test documents) on time, on quality, on budget, including the verification activities of the documents related to the technical integration for all the Signaling Subsystems according to the V&V plan
• Ensure a contact point for project team and customer with regard to the Signaling portion of the project;
• Ensure the execution of Signaling System tests on site and contribute in executing Signaling System tests in laboratory. Define and manage Signaling System issues lists, tickets creation and closure on site
• Ensure the execution of the gate reviews and the solution of the technical issues
• Ensure the execution of the Gap Analysis, the review of the technical Change request(s) and the follow up of the solution development roadmap for the suitable software versions with regards to project targets and schedule, integrating development constraints
• Participate to Signaling Factory Acceptance test and Site Acceptance tests for what concerns main Signaling equipment Required Skills/Knowledge:
• Minimum 3 years' experience as a systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications
• Demonstrates the ability to deliver system solutions to closure.
• Understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
• Prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
• Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
• Ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Desired Skills/Knowledge:
• Experience with overall systems architecture design
• Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
• Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience, but not required
• Prefer Expertise in any one of the following:
o Power systems including traction power and medium to low voltage designs
o EMI / EMC system integration and validation
o Telecoms and Network designs
o Automated control design and development systems
o Conventional signaling control designs
o CBTC (Communication based train control) systems and designs Education:
• Bachelor's Degree Languages:
• Spanish - Desired Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/