Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The role
We are looking to a Software QA Engineer to perform functional tests on our product, the Pentaho Business Intelligence Suite. The successful candidate will work with the engineering leadership team, with product management and with quality engineers to enhance the testing efforts for the Pentaho software suite.Primary Job Responsibilities
* Create and Maintain test cases
* Create test plans
* Perform regression tests
* Create test scenarios
* Execute the test cases
* Open and manage defects/bugsPrimary Qualifications
• 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
• Reliable, Thinking out-of-box, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
• Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment (Portuguese and English)
• Experience managing, configuring and tuning relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)Desired Qualifications
• Moderate technical writing skills (ability to produce performance white papers/benchmarks etc.)
• Knowledge of the commercial open source software development lifecycle
• Experience with BI industry (preferably)
• Experience with Pentaho Software (preferably)
• Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
• Experience with Massive Parallel Processing (MPP) Systems such as Hadoop (preferably)
• Background in QA processes and procedures
• Experience managing and configuring Windows and Linux environments (preferably)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.