Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Hardware engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Accountabilities
- Analysis of Requirements at System/Product/Component level
- Definition, Analysis, Allocation and Management of Requirements inside the Detailed Design
- Knowledge and Management of product design portfolio
- Definition of the Work Breakdown Structure for new design/development activities
- Coordination and management of design/development packages
- Management of technical discussions and development activities with external suppliers
- Continuous update about International and National Railway and applicable (e.g. environmental) Standards
- Support for Type Tests and analysis of result reports for design update
- Implementation, monitoring and management of PDM (Siemens Teamcenter) activities
- Electronic board design activities management and coordination:
- Knowledge and use of Cadence OrCAD Capture for schematics
- Knowledge and use of Mentor Graphics PADS for PCB layout
- Knowledge and use of Mentor Graphics Xpedition suite for schematic and PCB layout
- Knowledge and use of Mentor Graphics HyperLynx for Signal and Power Integrity
- Creation and Management of component database for schematic and PCB layout
- Cabling and 2D/3D Mechanical Design and Management with Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Revit and Autodesk Vault and Elettra).
- Obsolescence analysis support
- NPI support
Advanced knowledge of electronic and electrical components
• Electronic and/or electrical design experience
• Good knowledge of electromechanical and mechanical components
• Good knowledge of PDM and ERP tools
• Advanced knowledge and use of already cited electrical design tools
• Good knowledge and use of already cited mechanical design tools
• Good knowledge and use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
• Ability to manage activity schedule and execution with periodic reporting
• Ability to work in a multicultural international environment
• Ability to work both within a team and independently
• Ability and autonomy to work with international teams and projects
• Ability to drive people from cross-functional groups to respect projects targets Education / Qualifications
Technical Degree Languages
Good English Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/