Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate hardware engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Accountabilities
Analysis of Requirements at System/Product/Component level
- Definition, Analysis, Allocation and Management of Requirements inside the Detailed Design
- Knowledge and Management of MEED design portfolio
- Definition of the Work Breakdown Structure for new design/development activities
- Management of design/development packages
- Management of technical discussions and development activities with external suppliers
- Continuous update about International and National Railway and applicable (e.g. environmental) Standards
- Support for Type Tests and analysis of result reports for design update
- Implementation, monitoring and management of PDM (Siemens Teamcenter) activities
- Mechanical design for electronic boards, racks and cabinet
- • Cabling and 2D/3D Mechanical Design and Management
- Obsolescence analysis support
- NPI support
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of electromechanical and mechanical components
• Basic knowledge of electronic and electrical components
• Basic knowledge of PDM and ERP tools
• Basic knowledge of 2D/3D design tools
• Knowledge and use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
Technical Degree Languages
Good English Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/