Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Mechanical or Electronic Hardware Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Accountabilities
- Mechanical design for mechanical racks and cabinet, Cabling and 2D/3D Mechanical Design.
- Definition of the Bill Of Material and Work Breakdown Structure for new design/development activities.
- Ability to integrate electronic parts in mechanical enclosure.
- Analysis of technical requirements at System/Product/Component level.
- Management of technical discussions and development activities with external suppliers
- Continuous update about International and National Railway and applicable (e.g. environmental) Standards.
- Support for Type Tests and analysis of result reports for design update
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Knowledge of electromechanical and mechanical components
- Knowledge of PDM tools (typical: TeamCenter, Windchill).
- Knowledge of electronic and electrical components
- Knowledge of 2D/3D design tools (typical: Autocad, Inventor, Vault, Zuken E3)
- Knowledge and use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Technician - Mechanical or Electronic degree is preferable. Languages
Good English. Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/