Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for design and development of innovative DevOps solutions and automation workflows into different types of cloud and OnPrem deployments using infrastructures as code and Hitachi Vantara Accelerator Platforms.
This role requires advanced troubleshooting - delivering solution, the use of sophisticated DevOps tools with AWS / AZURE/ GCP and Kubernetes experience/knowledge.Responsibilities
As a platform DevOps engineer, in your normal day you will be
- Creating and maintaining the infrastructure as Code ( Terraform Code ) for various cloud and application deployment.
- Creating and maintaining the Automation of Hitachi Vantara Accelerator deployments using various DevOps Components.
- Creating and maintaining various CI-CD Jenkins pipelines Hitachi Vantara Accelerator Components.
- Writing and maintaining the automation for Kubernetes cluster deployments across the cloud ( AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Writing inspec / AWSSPEC code for testing infra and code.
- Creating and maintaining various Chef Cookbook for automation pieces.
- Research and investigate the new areas to improve the efficiency across the deployment.
- Creating the Architecture Diagrams and documentation for various pieces
- 3+ years of professional experience as a DevOps / System Engineer.
- Strong knowledge in Systems Administration - troubleshooting skills with Linux.
- Experience with CI/CD best practices and tooling, preferably Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure/GCP or private cloud environments.
- Experience and understanding of modern container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Experience on Infrastructure as code development using Terraform
- Proficiency in any programming or scripting language such as Shell Script, Python , Golang or Ruby
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Configuration Management experience with Ansible or similar (Chef, Puppet, Salt,Ansible)
- Experience with Version Control Software (Git preferred)
- AWS / Kubernetes Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect / CKA
- Setup and management of a Kubernetes cluster, including writing Dockerfiles and Helm
- Continuous Integration setup and administration
- Release Engineering: deployment pipelines; continuous deployment
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.