Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Design for Maintenance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be the person responsible to assure the return of experience and the Services requirements in the Product Engineering. The position is based in Pistoia, IT. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Individuate all the maintenance needs coming from the field and assure that the Prognostic Tool and the Condition Based Maintenance will be developed accordingly that;
- Act as an interface with the Supplier of our key systems in order to assure the prognosticability of the systems and the compatibility with our Prognostic SW Platform;
- Act as an interface with the Supplier of our key systems in order to assure the accessibility and replaceability of all component inside the subsystem as well as the availability of design documentation for all the spare parts needed for maintenance;
- Assure the fully alignment between the Operation, Services and Maintenance Engineering with the Product Engineering (both RS and STS) and RAM dept;
- Assure that the Maintenance Plan will embed all Services and Maintenance aspects assuring the accessibility of all component subject of preventive maintenance activities and of all LRU defined in the RAM analyses, and harmonizing the maintenance activities to minimize the vehicle return to the maintenance depot;
- Assure that the Technical Documentation will be done according the Maintenance needs;
- Optimise the Maintenance Cost working with the team responsible for the Maintenance Plan;
- Develop and ensure the implementation of an integrated Process to assure the Field REX;
- Participate to the Gate Review meetings(?) during the product development phases in order to assure that the D4M requirements are satisfied;
- Collaborate with the all relevant procurement units for the Suppliers Contracts;
- Reduce the Total Cost of Ownership in collaboration with Rolling Stock and Signalling and Turn Key.
Job requirements Required Skills / Knowledge
Desired Skills / Knowledge
- Minimum 6 years' railway vehicles Services and Maintenance Engineering experience;
- Knowledge about the Diagnostic and Prognostic Systems from Architecture point of view;
- Experience in Validation and Verification on wayside railways systems;
- International experience and ability to manage internationals projects;
- Knowledge of Maintenance techniques/processes/methodologies and of LLC management;
- Willingness to challenge yourself with large-scale International projects;
- Experience in Commissioning and Design of Integrated Communication System;
- Experience in Commissioning and Design of Supervision System;
- Experience in Commissioning and Design of Diagnostic Maintenance System;
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation Skills;
- Leadership Skills;
- Experience in modern Lean and Agile Organization.
Education / Qualifications
- Previous experience in developing Condition Based Maintenance activities;
- Experience in Technology Management;
- Operation and Maintenance Processes;
- Previous experience on ECM projects and Homologation planning;
- Planning and organization.
Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering, SW Engineering Qualifications Languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts