Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Maintenance Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, ON
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Provides leadership, direction and management on a multitude of activities in the following areas: Communications, Carbone Control, Wayside Automatic Train Control Equipment , Traction Power PV and Facilities Maintenance and related shop and material activities.
• Establishes and promulgates operating rules and regulations related to maintenance; assists in the planning and development, management and implementation of maintenance policies; ensures the enforcement of safety policies and programs; reviews problem or potential problem areas to ascertain the need for changes; develops scheduling and control procedures for way side equipment, passenger vehicle and TLC maintenance; coordinates maintenance work both within and external to the office.
• Effectively manages the implementation of preventive, corrective maintenance programs for the whole systems.
• Ensures that effective and adequate contingency plans are provided in the event of an emergency and that properly trained personnel and appropriate equipment are available to respond in a timely basis in order to rectify the problem and restore normal operations; ensures that the Subsystems are maintained to the highest operating standards and in accordance with all applicable codes.
• Prepares and presents timely oral and/or written reports/ recommendations within areas of assigned responsibility as may be appropriate. Prepares periodic reports to determine possible problems, trends or other items of concern to be brought to the attention of the General Manager.
• Implements sound employee relations and practices within the parameters of the Client O&M Organization's personnel manual and union contracts.
• Conducts special studies and investigations and acts as a trouble shooter or special project officer as directed.
• Manages multiple projects and staff to ensure area/regional maintenance and services are provided efficiently.
• Reviews, creates and coordinates contract documents and proposals to ensure compliance, consistency and validity
• Maintains a required level of technical knowledge to oversee and contribute to the resolution of complex problems.
• Manages project budget and all cost controlling efforts to maintain profitability and margin.
• Manages project resources to optimize the effective and efficient utilization of these resources.
• Assists and supports other N. America OS&M projects (where directed) during all phases of the project; Bidding, Design, Mobilization, Warranty and Revenue Service. Required Skills/Knowledge:
Possesses a strong engineering and maintenance background with successfully demonstrated ability and experience in the management and administration of a comprehensive rapid rail maintenance organization
• Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly attain a thorough knowledge of the O&M Organization's rules and regulations, maintenance plans and procedures, systems maintenance operational plans and procedures, vehicle maintenance operational plans and procedures and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• Experience in effectively managing maintenance teams, systems and vehicle maintenance operational functions.
• Experience in contributing to the identification and solution of complex technical problems.
• Ability to effectively and equitably deal with labor relations problems.
• Ability to obtain the highest efficiency from assigned staffing.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to maintain a rapport with employees and other personnel as well as outside officials and the ability to deal courteously and effectively with others.
• 10-15 years of industry experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical area or Equivalent Technical background
Languages: English Proficiency