Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Product Owner who can drive exceptional product delivery of our Lumada DataOps Suite offering. He/She will be responsible for the success of our data management capabilities within the Lumada DataOps Suite offering. The Product Owner will report directly to the VP and Chief Product Owner for the Lumada Data Services portfolio.
Hitachi Vantara's success is based on product innovation and technical product management plays a key role in delivery of products with world-class market fit, quality at the fast speed of the markets we serve. The scope of products relevant for this role cover our Pentaho BI Suite and various new products in the areas of Data Management such as our Spark based services and catalog offering
- Maintaining a prioritized product backlog for the data management scrum teams
- Work with Product Manager to break user journeys (Themes) to epic and stories
- Work with architect to break epic stories to user stories for the scrum team to implement
- Work with Product Designers to define/finalize the desired user experience
- Oversee the development of the user stories
- Work with scrum team to get ready for demo at the end of each sprint
- Work with scrum team to refine process, areas for improvement if needed.
- Accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product
- tight collaboration and alignment with peer product owners from multiple product teams
- Effective reporting of delivery project progress
- Focus on quality in all aspects of software delivery
- Monitoring of customer adoption and support metrics and facilitation of customer escalations
•5+ years of product ownership and technical product management
•Exposure to a variety of enterprise software, cloud service and application technologies with focus on data management and analytics category products
•Excellent communication and project management skills
•Ability to deal with conflicts
•Strong working experience with agile execution methodologies
•Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field