Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Overview
This role is a hands-on technical product owner responsible for working with cross-functional teams to identify problems statements, dependencies and resolve roadblocks; together with a team of enthusiastic software engineers responsible for delivering application products for Industrial IOT business.Responsibilities
- Drive an agile software development process incorporating user experience, software engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on product and technology roadmap and strategy.
- Own and prioritize the short-term roadmap for MVPs and releases.
- Lead customer requirements gathering session, UX design brainstorming sessions, requirements prioritization and user story creation.
- Identify problem statements, dependencies and resolve roadblocks by collaborating with cross-functional team member.
- Manage internal and external customers by delivering on-time, clear communication, set expectation and being transparent.
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously prioritize to ensure that backlog is ready with clear requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Lead release and sprint planning, forecasting resource capacity, and estimate development efforts discussions.
- Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture, strong skills in agile methodologies such as SCRUM; experiences with JIRA or similar software project tools.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous priorities and projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, meeting specific deadlines utilizing strong organizational skills.
- Resourceful leader who is comfortable navigating a large organization with global team members.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in technical product management and/or software development on large scale micro-services based/SaaS applications; at least 3 years in IOT or OT applications. Industrial application experiences a plus.
- Possess knowledge of back-end services and APIs for on-prem/cloud applications with emphasis on micro-services architecture.
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business owners and functional/technical teams.
- Experienced developing large scale and high volume multi-tiered applications
- Experienced in driving application architecture and design with considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility
- Ability to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas.
- Ability to work with vendors, cross functional teams, internal partners
- Strong skills in agile methodologies such as SCRUM; experiences with JIRA or similar software project tools
- Possess strong experience in full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture, containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.