Senior Commercial Manager / Contracts Manager Hitachi Rail STS Hitachi Rail STS is a global railway signalling and transportation solutions company. Life at Hitachi Rail STS includes many benefits including career development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Managers/Contracts Managers who has managed various types of contracts to support the growing business of Hitachi Rail in Australia and across the Asia Pacific Region. The role will manage and drive the contracts management aspects effectively, reporting to the APAC Head of Contracts. Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all contracts entered into by the company meets with their commercial and legal requirements and standards of compliance. The role also is responsible for the design of contract and will be involved in contract negotiations with suppliers, sub-contractors and vendors.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Skills and experience Qualification:
- Contracts (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts)-Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Biding Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of sub contract proposed terms and conditions
- Serve as the point of contact for contractors on contractual matters. Act as contractual "middleman" between company employees and contractors, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations
- Maintain contractual records and documentations and control of all contract correspondence, contractor contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects
- Develop contract training materials and impart training to project management group, delivery team and all the relevant staff in contracting clause, practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure
- Work and manage related risk involved and coordinate contractual insurance requirements
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation
- Handle on-going issue and change management
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverable, invoicing etc.)
- Oversee Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Ensure timely contract close-out, extension or renewal
- Manage claim for Incoming and Outgoing:
- Provide contractual clarification / position to project's team members.
Desired Knowledge/ Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, project/construction/building management or Quantity Surveying are essential
- Post graduate qualifications in construction law or contracts management are highly desirable
- Minimum 15-year experience in the railway/infrastructure/resource industry
- Minimum 5-year experience in senior contract & commercial roles in complex technical or engineering based organization