Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SIGNALLING SYSTEM ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Munich - GERMANY
. Who We AreHitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Performance of System and Signalling integration activities on complex railway project for project bidding and execution phase, delivery of the Signalling System technical solution on time, on quality and on budget. Accountabilities
- Requirements Engineering - Definition and management of System and Signalling System Requirements; implementation of Requirements Management Process assuring Signalling subsystems requirements allocation and relevant requirements development up to the final validation, with particular focus on Client/contract and design requirements.
- Interface Management - Definition and management of all subsystems interfaces with particular reference with signalling system interfaces ; scheduling and technical coordination with a systematic and effective approach of the technical resolution of internal and external interfaces during all project phases.
- Signalling System Design - Definition of Signalling system design documentation with particular reference to overall Signalling Architecture, Signalling system functionalities and principles, including the verification activities of the documents related to the technical integration for all the Signalling Subsystems. Perform Gap Analysis with respect to standard solution in term of Signalling System functionalities and identification of requirements to be apportioned to signalling subsystems . Manage the configuration of software deliveries on site and in lab for signalling subsystems according to project targets and schedule .
- C ontribute in executing of Signalling System tests on site and in laboratory. Participate to Signalling Factory Acceptance test for what concerns main signalling equipment
- Ensure a contact point for project team and customer with regard to the signalling system; Follow up of approval process with authorities. Management of closure pending until final approval. Support to Commissioning Manager and Project Engineer for the final approval of the system.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a lead systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver system solutions to closure.
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecyc
Engineering Master Degree (mainly electronic, computer science, telecommunications, Electrical or Mechanical). Languages
English business language fluent (at least certified B2 level)
German fluent (at least certified C1 level)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://careers.hitachi.com/.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail