Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Head of Program Management S&M (Global)
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the detailed formulation of the strategy of OS&M organisational unit by providing inputs related to S&M projects in compliance with the Hitachi Rail strategy and guidelines;
- Ensure the consolidation and monitoring of the P&L for the S&M business across the different areas
- Ensure the proposal of the S&M budget at global level in terms of revenues, margins, resources and cost targets.
- Ensure the coordination of all the project and contract management activities related to S&M projects across the different areas.
- Ensure the Customer Relationship in the issues resolution process with the key Clients and Stakeholders with the right level of knowledge and focus
- Ensure the provision to the S&M Project Managers of the needed information related to the following areas:
- monitoring and reporting on the project's commercial risks
- commercial change management strategy definition
- Ensure the capitalization and sharing of know-how in Program Management by the implementation of tools and standard procedures across the different areas
- Ensure at the global level the S&M projects whole life costs estimation, revenues, margins and risks during the bidding stage
- Ensure the evaluation at the global level of hours and other costs related to the S&M Project Management execution activities together with an evaluation of related risks
- Ensure the definition, implementation and monitoring at global level of the S&M project planning activities
- Support the local head of Program Management S&M in ensuring proper staffing and availability of resources for the S&M projects
- Ensure the accomplishment of the outcomes of the S&M projects in accordance with the contractual scope of work, the schedule, the quality requirements and Company processes.
- Ensure at global level the monitoring, reporting and achieving of the targets of the assigned S&M projects in terms of Costs, Revenues, Margin and Cash Flow ensuring coherence with bid assumptions.
- Ensure the monitoring, reporting and achieving of the S&M projects KPIs at global level.
- Ensure business opportunities promotion in S&M environment.
- Provide standard guidelines on claims preparation and disputes handling, monitor the implementation across the different areas in accordance with the S&M contract provisions.
- Ensure the monitoring of variation orders across the different areas and provide guidelines and advices to the local Program Managers on how correctly negotiate to maximize returns. [TI1]
- Ensure the identification of opportunities to minimize contract risk and plan commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure the proper implementation of contractual aspects related to contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Ensure the development of competencies, skills and knowledge of the resources in alignment with Group HR strategy, guidelines and policies.
- Ensure the staffing, workload analysis and resource allocation to the specific activities in alignment with Group priorities.
- Ensure the implementation of the Global Hitachi Rail Group culture and the development of behaviors/competences in line with the Hitachi values and a collaborative approach.
- Ensure the assignment of the targets to the assigned resources in line with Hitachi Rail Group goals.
- Ensure the definition and the implementation of the competence development plans and the capitalization of know-how/best practices.
Key Shared accountabilities:
- Contribute to OS&M cross-functional coordination and decision making on key strategic and operational issues/topics.
- Collaborate with OS&M Sales and OS&M Bidding in sales, bidding and customer relationship for any commercial initiatives.
- Collaborate with S&P Head of Regions in customer relationship and hand-over management from delivery to service phase.
Idem come sopra.
- An understanding of the S&M business environment from stakeholder behavior to current contract circumstances is desirable;
- A natural consultancy style which constructively challenges the business and builds relationships at all levels of the organization;
- A pervasive knowledge of business organizations at strategic and operational levels;
- Working knowledge of the methods, equipment and techniques used in the design, development, maintenance and operation of rail systems;
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to railway operations and maintenance.
- Capacity to contribute to strategic business management issues;
- Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership at senior transport events;
- Highly skilled influencer with excellent negotiation skills;
- Ability to manage a defined budget, ensuring cost efficiency and value for money; and to forecast and prepare team budget plans and manage the implementation of spend against agreed objectives;
- Exposure to and interpretation of the financial management of simple and complex organization;
- Skilled manager in communicating, motivating and developing staff
- Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
- Ability to make well considered decisions based on a complex information
- Ability to multi-task and analyze situations promptly and without bias so as to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardizing human safety, quality and the committed performance targets
Benefits Hitachi Rail
- Minimum of 10 years or more of general engineering and maintenance management experience
- Proven track record in the management of planning, operations, maintenance, design and construction and commercial & contractual matters;
- Degree holder in a relevant engineering discipline
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/