Summary of the position:
The Controller will provide the overall finance leadership for directing the organization’s accounting functions and operations support. Will lead a team of direct reports responsible for supporting manufacturing operations in the US, including both planning, reporting, general accounting, cost accounting, controlling, and cash management. These include both supporting the local leadership team and establishing and maintaining the organization’s accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives, as well as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking. Will prepare financial reports and present findings and recommendations to leadership.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accountable for all plant budgeting, staffing, and business/operational results.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implement, monitor and ensure an effective and efficient system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Work with management team to monitor actual spending versus the monthly forecast and annual budget.
- Provide financial analysis, with emphasis on costing, new product development, productivity metrics, capital investments, and supplier negotiations.
- Provide hands-on accounting leadership for the general accounting function, including month-end close, monthly forecast, annual budget, fixed assets, account analysis and reporting.
- Responsible for systems, projects and programs within Sullair.
- Ensure the integrity and operational status of the ERP system, including supporting the transition from JDE to SAP S4/HANA.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Responsible for some tax and insurance reporting
- Develop, maintain and improve reporting of key metrics and financial reports for the management team; recommend benchmarks that will be used to measure and improve the company’s performance.
- Work with internal and external auditors and provide needed information for the annual audit.
- Work with internal auditors and provide needed information for the internal controls (JSOX).
- Lead and/or support special projects, as needed.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field with at least 10 years of progressive experience in finance
- CPA preferred
- Experience must include a manufacturing environment.
- General accounting, cost accounting, and budgeting/planning experience required.
- Two or more years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to identify weaknesses or gaps in processes; develop, implement and monitor solutions.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and deliverables.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and have the ability to build and utilize complex models.
- JD Edwards and/or SAP experience preferred.
- Hyperion and Hyperion Financial Management experience a plus.
- The ability to build and model financial data in Microsoft Excel at a highly proficient level.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with the CFO, President, and business leadership on a routine basis.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- The ability to present complex information in a usable format to a diverse audience.
- Ability to deliver time-sensitive analyses in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to embrace rapid change and ambiguity.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- The ability to work independently and adhere to set deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively manage up, down and across all levels of the organization.
- Experience building and leading a team.
- Four direct finance reports and a team of xxx, including the Assistant Controller, Cost Accountant, Senior Financial Analysts, and A/P and A/R teams.
- Coordinate with indirect finance resources across all global regions, including the US, China, Australia, SE Asia, and Japan to standardize on policies, procedures, controls, and reporting.
- Work with operations and business partners both locally and across global operations with Sullair and Hitachi.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.