- Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements, such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer program.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness, and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Prepares workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system.
- Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development.
- Upgrades Software and corrects errors to maintain system after implementation.
- May assist computer programmer in resolution of work problems related to flowcharts, project specifications, or programming.
- May prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- May direct and coordinate work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs.
- May design new systems, including both hardware and software, or add new software applications to harness more of computer's power.
- Implement design changes i-Series, SQL, QRY, DB2, CLP, RPGIV, RPG Free, Visual Basic, .Net PLC Language and Windows tools..
- Write unit, integration, functional tests per team guidance.
- Works with multiple vendors in obtaining pricing for IT related products and services.
- Adhere to all safety policies and guidelines.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Experience with Development Environments including i-Series, SQL, QRY, DB2, CLP, RPGIV, RPG Free, Visual Basic, .Net PLC Language and Windows tools.
- Understanding of Relational Database Systems (MS SQL, DB2/400), data mining, dashboards and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Automotive Systems and/or supply chain experience is a plus.
- Experience working in multinational corporations or a diverse work environment.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and overtime when required to support IT Operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related area strongly desired..
Experience: Minimum 5 years of Professional Information Technology experience in development environment, preferably in an Office or Manufacturing environment.
Job level determined by various factors such as organization size, responsibility, career stage, and capabilities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Physical Demands: Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move 30-50lbs without assistance. Have ability to work 40 – 60 hours per week.
Travel: Domestic and international may be required as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.