Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Storage Engineer
- Should possess very good written - verbal communication skills along with impactful presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and should possess very good inter-personal skills.
- Proven track record developing solutions around the following Hyper Converged Infrastructure, Virtualisation (Compute/storage) data centre facilities, disaster recovery, backup and recovery, data centre consolidation, migration and relocation, cloud, data centre build and facilities, business continuity and understanding application workloads.
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems Windows and various flavour of Unix Solaris, AIX, HP Unix etc.
- Experience implementing ITIL and or operational best practices
- Experience in team management and assembling teams to perform services engagements.
- Ability to proactively track progress of all project team members and keep people (often, peers) on task
- Identify key deliverables, anticipate risks, handle trade-offs and can make decisions while being comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Ability to anticipate and head-off potential project delays (shifting business priorities, technical hurdles, project approvals from stakeholders, etc.)
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Handson experience in Hitachi storage products VSP G - F Series, functionality of SVOS, replication products and handons experience to implement Brocade and Cisco SAN Switches , Software products HDID, HAD, HPA.
- Hands on experience and in depth knowledge of data protection technologies Hitachi Shadow copy, Thin image, Copy on write snap, True copy, Universal replicator, 3DC UR , Global active device , HDID .
- Experience in designing and architecting starter packs and replications tasks .
- Drive meetings with Subject Matter Experts from all areas of the business including: Infrastructure, Applications, Vendors, Architects and Leads to seek input from and plan/coordinate tasks , resource requirements and timelines.
- Experience in working with IBM /EMC and Netapp storages would be an added advantage .
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.