Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Quality Assurance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world. The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport. Accountabilities
- Ensure the implementation of all quality assurance activities (e.g. quality audits, quality documentation) required for Tenders and Projects in alignment with assigned project budget;
- Ensure the necessary support for the External Body audits to guarantee/ maintain the Hitachi Rail's quality certification (e.g. ISO 9001, IRIS, CMMI);
- Ensure the identification, planning and monitoring of continuous improvement initiatives;
- Ensure Quality Independent Judgment decision of products and services: Guarantee systems/ subsystems/ products certification for Customer delivery purposes and coherence check of the technical/ qualitative evidences for the authorization for the first entry into service (pass/fail criteria);
- Ensure the implementation of the assigned quality audits as per the defined yearly program;
- Contribute to the collection of quality assurance project data from all relevant units;
- Support the implementation of all activities required by the STS Customer Satisfaction process;
- Support, whenever requested, the Project Manager being the Client, Partners, External Providers and Third Parties Interface with reference to quality aspects.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of the budget process and the main reporting tools and requirements;
- Capability to understand and manage contractual quality requirements concerning the project;
- Capability to identify and analyze the main quality project risks applying the Risk Management procedures;
- Ability to understand and implement customer quality requirements and expectations;
- From 0 up to 3 years of Business experience;
- Good communication skills;
- Positive attitude towards the customer (internal and external);
- Capability of working in a cross functional team environment.
Education / Qualification
Master's Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Fluent in English
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/