SAP S/4HANA - Experience Senior Project Manager
As a leading SAP Global Services Partner, the Hitachi Vantara team understands the wide-ranging complexities associated with a client's business, but just as important, we know how that translates into the world of SAP. We are a full-service consultancy that has the skills and qualifications to help ensure a project's success - on-time and on-budget. Hitachi has strong capabilities in key SAP technologies like S/4HANA from both an ERP and analytics perspective. We are known as one of SAP's top partners. Our focus industries are chemicals, discrete manufacturing, wholesale distribution, food processing, consumer products, IM-C, and Aerospace - Defense. Hitachi leverages defined SAP preconfigured templates to help our clients attain and sustain unparalleled results through our Industry focused solutions approach.
Hitachi Vantara specializes in the definition and deployment of SAP Best Practice solutions for just about every critical business process.
From design through post-go-live support, we incorporate special organizational change management practices and proven techniques to help with user adoption and change to drive project success.
Location: National - can be based anywhere in US.
Purpose of Position:
Hitachi Vantara is looking for an experienced SAP S/4HANA Project Manager who has a proven track record of success, aptitude, and leadership. The position requires a broad range of skills and the ability to be able to partner with our customer and support them in their SAP S/4HANA business transformation journey.
As a Senior level, experienced Project Manager, this role is responsible to plan, manage, and control all the aspects of SAP S/4HANA transformation program. This role will also help in establishing and implementing the project governance framework, tools, templates, and processes for the project in accordance with the Hitachi methodology with leverages PMI and SAP ACTIVATE processes and tools.
• 10+ years' experience as a Project Manager having managed full life cycle SAP projects
• Prior consulting experience with a management or IT consulting firm
• Experience managing the full life cycle of at least one SAP S/4 transformation project. This is a MUST skill.
• Working knowledge of SAP Activate methodology
• Ability to partner with Data Lead, Test Lead, Functional, Technical and Integration Leads and provide delivery oversight to these roles
• Adept in formulating the schedule and logistics for global design workshops and facilitating the workshops with a varied set of stakeholders virtually
• Experience in managing the schedule, budget, and quality of the project
• Ability to develop detailed project plans and ensure all project tasks are performed per plan
• In depth understanding of the nuances regarding migrating legacy systems to the SAP S/4HANA platform while helping customers make informed deployment decisions
• Collaborative and people-oriented leader who can positively motivate cross functional teams and influence efficient decision making practices
• Proficient in navigating through the dynamics of a complex stakeholder environment
• Ability to work with onsite and remote project delivery models
• Experience working in the industrial manufacturing, engineer to order, or high tech manufacturing industries
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimally 10 - 15 years' experience with SAP, at least 10 years of implementation experience as a Project Manager
• Communication skills: Demonstrated competency in verbal and written communication skills
• Experience presenting to large groups focused on SAP solutions and functionality
• Business process analysis and design experience: seasoned business analysis skills, process mapping, business process design, and implementation skills
• Systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, and support
• SAP ACTIVATE methodology experience desired
• PMI certification desired, but not required
• General consulting skills, including team facilitation, business case development, and business assessment/strategy
• Project management: led medium to large teams of 25-50 resources (both consulting and client employees)
• Experience leading teams comprised of US based and offshore staff
• Experience interacting with clients and building successful business relationships
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Experience scoping and estimating SAP implementation projects
• At least 4 full lifecycle projects completed in a Primary Project Manager role
• Experience leading teams focused on deploying SAP Project Systems functionality as part of the solution scope
Technical Skills needed:
Experience with technology in one or more of the following areas:
• SAP S/4HANA project management experience required (version 1511 or higher)
• SAP Project Management skills from Project preparation phases through Go-Live and Hypercare phases
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office tools including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, and Visio
• Solution Manager exposure preferred; however, not required
• Experience with the core SAP modules including a basic understanding of the integration points between the following modules: FICO, SD, MM, PP, and PS
• Experienced leader with a deep understanding of data migration processes, software development life cycle tasks, solution testing processes, business and technical cutover planning activities, and solution management processes
• 80% Travel (once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted)
• Regular and expeditious travel throughout the United States is required to meet client needs and timetables
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.