Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding the Company's booking quota for ORACLE Services and Solutions in assigned territory. Identifies, develops, and retains new business relationships. Develops sales opportunities through prospecting, cold calling, and leveraging third party relationships. Responsible for sales account management and customer satisfaction. Reports to the Vice President of Sales, Digital Enterprise ServicesResponsibilities:
Position Requirements: Education, Experience - Training required:
- Achieve sales objectives primarily through selling ORACLE Services and Solutions: Design, Build, Run to new customers.
- Develops and maintains an effective business, sales, and marketing plan for assigned territory.
- Develops sales strategies that link prospect's business drivers to ORACLE's offerings and Hitachi Vantara's capabilities.
- Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
- Drive the sales process through business discovery, opportunity qualification, needs analysis, product positioning, business case development, negotiation and close.
- Understand the buying process and align resources needed to facilitate account penetration
- Consistently maintains a reasonable number of new weekly face-to-face prospect meetings.
- Work with consulting team when implementation, integration, project management support is required.
- Effectively demonstrates and presents ORACLE products and value proposition - Hitachi Vantara services and solutions based on ORACLE to qualified prospects.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high level of knowledge about ORACLE's products and services.
- Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of the territory, marketplace, competitive offerings to ORACLE and to Hitachi Vantara, and other business issues relevant to the position.
- Use effective time and territory management to maximize results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with ORACLE and other third parties to increase opportunities.
- Respond to RFPs/RFIs, coordinating and organizing input from multiple sources within Hitachi Vantara
- Properly forecasts monthly, quarterly and annual booking values for assigned territory
- Document daily sales activities in sales force automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales bookings and communicate activities to sales management.
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Hitachi Vantara to help meet company objectives.
- Effectively demonstrates and presents Hitachi Vantara's ORACLE services and solutions to qualified prospects.
- Accurately qualifies and prepares Leadership, Consultants and Services staff for customer demonstrations and presentations.
- Provide feedback from field experience to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, and competitive matters.
- Shares input with other departments in preparing sales materials and technical publications.
- Operates under moderate supervision
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge - Skills:
- Degree in a business or technical related area of study
- Minimum of 5 years' experience selling ORACLE ERP services and solutions
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Successful experience identifying, qualifying, and closing new business.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, and marketing plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software direct and reseller sales channels.
- Strong knowledge of Industries which are known for leveraging ORACLE products.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contracts.
- Strong ability to create sales presentation messages, demonstrate ORACLE products, positioning statements, and other sales collateral.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Various means of travel are required, including air travel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Interacts with consulting, marketing, finance and external customers.
- Demonstrates different influence styles as appropriate to situation while maintaining positive relationships
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers
- Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas using speech, and listening skills to influences others and gain support
- Adjust to new, different, or changing requirements
- Listens with objectivity and checks for understanding
- Persists despite obstacles and opposition or set backs
- Competitive, high achiever
- Holds self-accountable for results
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Displays a curious mind set
- Displays a passion for - responsibility to the customer
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal - corporate integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.