Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Industry Advisor leveraging strong knowledge of the manufacturing industry and associated dynamics and macro trends, is responsible and accountable for the identification and management of IIoT opportunities with existing strategic clients as well as new prospects in Metal, Mining - Industrial Product sector but also in other manufacturing sub-sectors. S/he will be responsible for defining and implementing a strategic market development plan for the Metal, Mining - Industrial Product sector that is inline with the strategic direction of Manufacturing Practice globally.
The role will have a particular focus on selling the Hitachi Vantara Lumada Digital Solutions and manufacturing consulting services to accelarate the Digital Industrial Transformation (Industry 4.0). Responsibilities
- Support envisioning and accelerate customer business development efforts through Executive Briefings, customer workshops, industry specific events that put the success of the customer front and centerforemost.
- Act as the industry Subject Matter Expert in close alignment with the broader Hitachi business teams and provide strong support to quarterly account planning on industry and customer priorities.
- Create repeatable customer success stories supported by Industry Marketing to grow industry knowledge of sales teams cross-segment.
- Act as Industry Expert and Thought Leader internally by growing industry skills - capabilities across internal sales teams and Hitachi communities to deliver high impact.
- Act as a role model by creating culture by developing and maintaining strong sales skills to identify, assess, validate, and influence customers' needs and vision for digital transformation.
- Achieve these objectives by leveraging strong knowledge of manufacturing and associated dynamics and macro trends, and responsible and accountable for the identification and management of IIoT opportunities with existing strategic clients as well as new prospects in one (or more) of the priority industries, as relevant: Automotive plus Mining and Minerals, Metals and Casting
- Leverage their busines expertise from working in business roles at a company in the priority industries, to define and implement a strategic market development plan, that is inline with the strategic direction of Manufacturing Practice globally.
- Focus on driving the growth of the Hitachi Vantara Lumada Digital Solutions and Services to accelerate the Digital Industrial Transformation (Industry 4.0).
- Establish and implement strategic account plans targeted at solving most complex operational problems for clients
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the Practice consultants to increase value to the clients
- Develop an internal network within Hitachi to support both lead generation and proposal development
- Assist with qualifying and prioritising opportunities;
- Leverage and align appropriate supporting resources from across Hitachi
- Win new clients and grow Manufacturing Practice revenue in existing clients
- Deep understanding of the Automotive, Metal, Mining - Industrial Product industry and other manufacturing sub-verticals gained in consultative selling roles.
- Strong Business development, Market development and sales skills, including:
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead the development and delivery of complex sales engagements and successful negotiation of multi-million dollar sales proposals
- Proven track record of solution sales or consulting in a competing or partner company
- Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Effective leadership and coaching skills and a consultative approach to engage, develop and lead virtual sales teams across large and complex organizations.
- Executive communications, engagement and influence, including:
- Experience leading successful negotiation of multi-million dollar sales proposals
- Exceptional communication skills with a confident demeanor and level of comfort leading discussions
- Strong collaboration skills, working in a team environment and across large and complex organizations
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts without a reliance on jargon and to all levels of audience. Related experience as an evangelist or industry event speaker would be of significant benefit.
- Related experience as an evangelist or industry event speaker would be of significant benefit.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of vertical industry challenges and desired business outcomes, digital opportunities and competitive landscapes
- Highly experienced individual (Smart Manufacturing Solutions, XaaS solutions, etc.), ideally with the ability to apply domain knowledge in highly practical business situations.
- Highly desirable; Meaningful prior work experience at one of the following: driving digital transformation within Consulting or Services company; cloud service providers and software companies,
- Excellent verbal and written command of English, plus additional European languages useful.
- Minimum education: Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred)
- Will require travel across Europe
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.