Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.Job descriptionWill be responsible for
• Designing and planning of network services - Switching, Routing, Network security consisting of firewall , IPS - Proxy - cloud interconnect
• Architecture road maps
• Service Strategy/Roadmaps
• Policy definitions
• Standards - Frameworks
• Cross Technology designs
• Creating network integration strategy and solution for mergers - acquisitions
• Automation strategy
• Identify appropriate cloud providers
• Sr cloud network engineer will work with Dev Ops team , Infosec team and network architecture team to understand the business - security requirements and provide optimum network integration solutions
• Implement the proposed solution that may contain multiple network (WAN, Network security) - Cloud (AWS, Azure - GCP)
• Work with Infosec and Architecture team for validation
• Ensure the cloud network is responsive to user demands
• Scaling cloud services to growing businesses
• Troubleshoot any issues which may arise
• Liaising with companies to determine growth plans
• Monitoring usage of cloud network
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and guidelines
• Forecast potential needs for the network expansion and monitor bandwidth and analyze routers to manage the improvements to meet the network requirements.
• Developing processes for installation to reduce interruption
• Preparing backup systems to defend against any outages
• Network reliability monitoring
• Train and handhold junior cloud network engineer in implementation and operationalizing cloud - onprem integration and NFV functions Skill Requirement
• 10 to 15 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on switching, WAN, SD-WAN, Network security - firewall, IDS/IPS, Proxy technologies.
• Worked in network architect role and experience in designing enterprise network solutions for 5 years
• Deep product knowledge of leading networking vendors like Cisco , Palo Alto Networks, Juniper , forecepoint/blucoat, F5/Netscalar
• High level knowledge in server virtualization platforms
• Good understanding of cloud technologies especially IaaS - AWS, Azure - GCP
• Connectivity - security requirements of SaaS applications
• Design knowledge in creating Landing Zones for M-A
• Good knowledge in Cyber security controls, processes, and best practices
• Experience with deploying NFV and automating enterprise network tasks and services is a plus.
• Advanced level experience working with Cisco IOS - NXOS, ACI , VMWare NSX, routing/switching and BGP.
• Knowledge - experience on micro segmentation technologies like Tetration, Illumio - guardrail is added advantage
• Experience in capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies
• Hands-on experience using network simulation, automation, and scripting tools is an advantage.
• Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
• Demonstrated experience in delivering written documents detailing network solutions and diagrams
• In-depth understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, HSRP, VDC, SNMP.
Education - Industry certifications
• Bachelor's degree in science/technology
• Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, PCNSE, etc
• Cloud certification will be given preference -
o AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
o Associate Cloud Engineer
o Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals