Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. Job DescriptionThe Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
We are seeking a Network Engineer who can design and deliver cutting edge solutions in a hybrid network environment with an emphasis on using the cloud not only for compute but also for moving networking technology forward. We want the person in this role to have a passion for rethinking everything and embracing software defined solutions in the LAN, WAN, Data Center and Cloud, driving automation throughout the network service stack and increasing efficiency and reliability of delivered services.Responsibilities
• Engineer, design and deploy network services and solutions based on business, strategic, and technical requirements
• Develop infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT groups
• Deploy solutions starting with the proof of concept and continuing through full deployment and support transition to Operations teams
• Identify, recommend and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts
• Find and recommend new and innovative products, services and solutions
• Drive innovation and automation across the network and enable other teams to do the same
• Act as an escalation point to Operations teams and a mentor to other Network Engineers
• Strive for quality and customer satisfaction in the projects assignedQualifications
• Minimum 8 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD-WAN technologies.
• Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, PaloAlto
• Demonstrable experience in designing, deploying, maintaining cloud deployments, AWS, Azure, GCP. Cloud certifications preferred.
• In depth understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, HSRP, VDC, 802.11, 802.1x, SNMP
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Design of application aware networks leveraging solutions that include SD-WAN (Cisco Viptela), SDN/Data Center and SDN/LAN and the associated orchestration and control tools.
• Experience with deploying NFV and automating enterprise network tasks and services is a plus.
• Advanced level experience working with Cisco IOS- NXOS, routing/switching and WiFi
• Advanced level experience working with identity-based network authentication mechanisms (Cisco ISE, 802.1x). ForeScout experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with cloud connectivity models for Enterprise extension. Specifically AWS, Azure.
• Familiarity and experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, and network optimization/acceleration
• Experience in capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies
• Hands on experience using network simulation, automation and scripting tools
• Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as HP OV, Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
o Hardware: Cisco, Palo Alto Networks,
o Software: Cisco Viptela, IOS/NXOS, PAN-OS, SolarWinds, LiveAction
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.