Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SIGNALLING COMMISSIONING ENGINEER (CBTC)
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - Genoa or Turin Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Naples - Genoa or Turin Italy Accountabilities
Within Commissioning CBTC Pool, you are in charge of performing test of the CBTC system on site, on real environement, in order to ensure and demonstrate that it is working as per design and suitable for revenue service with passengers.
• Support the Commissioning Manager in the definition, organization and execution of the CBTC commissioning activities relevant to a project.
• Execute test and commissioning activities of CBTC system from the end of installation to the start of revenue service, it includes among others:
o Interfaces test with other subsystems (Rolling Stock, DCS, Power Supply)
o Functional tests on real conditions
• Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
• Create and issue test documentation and reports in the required format
• Report to the relevant manager, non-compliances and delays of commissioning activities
• Manage the configuration of documentation, hardware and software in the field.
• Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues through ticket management.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Respect assigned commissioning objectives on time according to project
schedule and budged
- Smart people able to deal with difficult situations and context on site.
- Really good problem solving capabilities.
- Organized, accurate and meticulous
- Available and willing to travel and to be relocated if required by project needs in the future
Education / Qualifications
- Curious, proactive and eager to learn new things
- Able to work independently and in a multicultural team environment
- Able to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights.
- Working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
- Working knowledge of Wireshark
- Working knowledge of switches, routers and servers.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and working with server applications
- Understanding of software programming logic
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or
Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/