Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking Pricing Systems Analyst to support the optimization of operational efficiency through creation and maintenance of pricing-related tools and systems that manage and deliver prices, discounts, and quotes. This position reports to the Senior Director of Global Pricing Operations and Enablement, and requires interaction with pricing managers, Product Management, Global Services, IT, Marketing, Partner Operations, Sales and Finance teams and leadership, as well as occasional support of system-related inquiries from field sales personnel.
You will support tools and systems planning, design and implementation, and execution of pricing operations. Specifically, you will maintain and help to optimize the tools and systems that support pricing capabilities. You will also identify, propose, and help to execute improvements to pricing tools and systems that continuously enhance operational efficiencies, optimize productivity, and deliver better pricing outcomes.Responsibilities
- Own and maintain tools and systems that enable price administration and optimize operational efficiency of managing pricing globally, including pricing tools and system functionality.
- Become a point of contact and provide support for tools and system functionality to Global Pricing Operations and other pricing stakeholder functions
- Automate the implementation of business rules in systems, including pricing and system functionality updates.
- Automate the maintenance of pricing data in the systems, including documenting the locations of data sources and the pricing data dictionary.
- Verify and maintain pricing functionality within pricing-related systems. This includes identifying and coordinating resolution of issues, sometimes involving cross-functional problem-solving and leading the development of new or changed processes, methods, and systems.
- Be a self-starter who is self-motivated and seeking individual growth, while building stronger team knowledge and coverage of your area of responsibility.
- Focus on "What can we do to make things better for others?"
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or similar discipline, 3-5+ years related experience.
- Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills. VB/macro experience a plus.
- Experience using Salesforce.com, CPQ systems, and analytical/BI tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI),
- Experience in Pricing/Financial Analysis and price book maintenance is a strong plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply sound business judgment, personal initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to successfully operate in a dynamic environment and work with changing business requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.