This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0001577
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Company: Hitachi Automotive Electric Motor Systems America, Inc.
Location: Berea, KY
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Shifts: 1st shift
Reports to: QA Manager
Summary: Responsible for the direction and supervision of inspection personnel on multiple shifts. This includes assuring compliance to all internal processes and procedures. Maintain quality metrics and institute continuous improvement activities.
Essential Functions: Includes the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by local management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at Astemo AM-MS and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
• Supervises the inspection department ensuring product is inspected in a timely manner without sacrificing quality.
• Manages production inspection and receiving inspection.
• Develop and review quality instructions and methods for inspections and testing.
• Manages inspection audits and follow-up with corrective action.
• Ensure timely and effective responses to customer quality issues.
• Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
• Ensure that teams and team members have the necessary resources and training to accomplish department goals.
• Conduct individual and team coaching sessions to improve performance. Recognize team accomplishments.
• Manages department priorities.
• Tracks absenteeism and timekeeping.
• Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and 3 or more years’ experience with inspecting parts. Experience in automotive manufacturing preferred.
• Must have strong leadership ability (2 years previous experience supervising is desired) and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in a TS16949/IATF environment is required.
• Ability to utilize inspection equipment such as SPC, calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems and other measuring devices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Must be proficient in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint. Some Access experience preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Travel: Up to 25% domestic and international travel to suppliers and customers may be required as needed.
Work Environment: This position works in a production environment. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.