Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Sr. Engineering Program Manager to help us manage all 3rd party vendors from a technical standpoint. We need someone who is detail-oriented and committed to delivering on time, a problem solver willing to break processes and create new ones as needed, a good communicator who can work across internal multiple cross-functional teams as well as 3rd party vendors, and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them.Responsibilities
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop comprehensive project plans to monitor and track progress
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Work proactively with teams to support them in execution of projects
- Coordinate with internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Coordinate with Hitachi Japan, IT-Pro technical resources
- Ensure resource availability and allocation from within engineering and operations
- Ensure software availability from 3rdparty vendors, including but not limited to firmware, drivers, integrated software, etc.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Report and escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines as needed
- Support the team's efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues
- Track issues and help teams manage and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors and all teams and stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Proactively identify, monitor and communicate progress of all milestones within and across teams
- 10+ years of experience working in a cross-functional team environment with a track record of being a part of software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication - organization skills.
- Proficiency in hardware and software dependency and bug tracking across technology stacks, for example Converged Appliances including servers, network, storage and software components.
- Proactively identify, monitor and communicate progress of all milestones within and across teams.
- Support the team's efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Drive decisions through consensus and deep partnerships with both technology and business partners.
- Coordinate with third party vendors and remote teams to clear the path for your engineers to deliver projects on time.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence (or similar development tools)
- Deep knowledge of agile fundamentals and scrum processes.
- Experience coordinating software releases across cross-functional teams.
- Engineering development manager experience a plus
- Project Management certification a plus
- Server technical knowledge (CPUs, Memory, Firmware, API's, Drivers, I/O cards, etc) a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.