Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are recruiting a Sr. UI Developer to work as part of the development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering, who are responsible for designing, developing and testing the Hitachi NAS Platform product (https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/storage/network-attached-storage-platform.html
An ideal candidate will understand the entire process of creating valuable software, and be involved with the complete development-test cycle. This involves being an integral part of a team that produces high quality functional software and unit testing, working in a multi-disciplinary team.
The role will involve being part of an agile scrum team of skilled/mixed-discipline engineers, understanding the required deliverables and pro-actively taking part in the team's self-organization to ensure sprint goals are met. The engineer will play a key role in shaping the design, development, testing and integration of prioritised work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing complex software while ensuring quality of the product remains high.
A successful candidate must have a proven track record of delivering complex software solutions, and a demonstrable understanding of the software lifecycle. They will also have an inquisitive mind, an openness to new ideas, an excellent attention to detail and an adaptability to change. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as is being a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic. Responsibilities:
This role will include some or all the following:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Design, develop and maintain user interfaces (UI) and APIs for number of existing and upcoming products
- Design and implement new features and functionality.
- Identifying web-based user interactions. Ability to write unit and integration tests to deliver high quality applications with adequate code coverage.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- Work within an agile scrum team and interface with external stakeholders during design stage
- Degree in Computer Science (or other scientific discipline), or equivalent applicable experience. At least 5 years of product development experience
- Candidates must possess high adaptability, flexibility, desire and drive to branch out from comfort zone
- Knowledge in scripting language such as S hell script , Python on Linux platform.
- Experience with one or more of the following: storage systems and management UIs, high-availability systems
- Scrum master or product owner experience or certification is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.