Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are recruiting a Sr. Engineering Manager to help establish and grow a new team as part of a global engineering organization.
The role is part of the software development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering, who are responsible for designing, developing and testing the Hitachi NAS Platform product (https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/storage/network-attached-storage-platform.html
Sr. Engineering Manager primarily receives assignments in the form of objectives and contributes towards establishing of new operational objectives and work plans and determines how to use resources to achieve goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization.
Sr. Engineering Manager works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business and technological trends. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team as well as across the functional teams. Manages the coordination of the activities of HNAS Engineering organization with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
• Establish and grow new team at a new corporate location
• Day-to-day people management of the site-local engineering team
• Functional ownership of the deliverables and overall agile project management
• Provide technical leadership and serve as a mentor for team members regarding employee matters, technical, and soft skills
• Practice and encourage healthy Scrum routines
• BS Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration degree from an accredited 4-year college or an equivalent work experience required
• Certified Project Manager or Product Owner is a major plus
• 5+ years of engineering management experience.
• Solid understanding of storage, networking and operating systems is required. Experience with NAS/SAN technologies is a major plus.
• Track record of growing the engineering teams.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and exemplary interpersonal and management sensibilities exercised on a regular basis (verbal - written).
• Solid presentation skills and command of the common tools are a must
• Driven, self-motivated, with a strong work ethic, an individual who has a passion for customer service.
• Solid understanding of defect management tools, processes, and code/fix workflows
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.