Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking a passionate and proven Public Relations Manager to help us craft the next chapter of the company's infrastructure technology narrative. This person is a natural storyteller who lives to get the best media coverage possible. The successful candidate understands our changing industry, maintains critical media relationships and can connect the dots across a deep technology portfolio to create compelling story lines. S/he is a strong writer and communicator who loves to roll up their sleeves, working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and PR agency partners to deliver top results.
The primary objective of this role is to lead PR programming for Hitachi Vantara's newly created Digital Infrastructure business unit, which delivers the company's industry-leading core infrastructure and storage products, solutions and services. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to use their creativity and story development skills to drive external communications for an established but critical market segment.
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Communications and sits within the company's Global Communications and Worldwide Marketing organizations. The position will be based either in Dallas, TX or Charlotte, North Carolina.Responsibilities
- Develop and drive Hitachi Vantara's PR programs for the company's Digital Infrastructure business to ensure positive positioning of its products, solutions and services in business, tech and vertical media.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with top-tier U.S. media.
- Provide counsel to executives, spokes people and communications management on how to message and position the business and its innovations.
- Develop thoughtful and interesting content for communications opportunities including press releases, blogs, messaging documents, FAQs, press presentations, and speaking opportunity abstracts and presentations.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams including product, solutions and services marketing, customer advocacy, partner marketing, analyst relations and social media to proactively engage on communications content and media opportunities.
- Work closely with PR agency partners to develop media strategies and execute program elements.
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $113,000 - $147,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.
- Minimum of 6+ years' experience managing public relations programs; in-house and/or public relations agency experience required.
- Experience in large, global B2B technology, software, services companies a plus.
- A content master - strong writer and storyteller that can draft compelling messaging for use in press releases, messaging documents, press presentations, bylines, blogs and FAQs.
- Expert knowledge of the competitive landscape to develop rapid response to breaking situations that require messaging or external media activity.
- Experience working with distributed global PR and agency partners to ensure global consistency and alignment of messaging and campaigns.
- Existing relationships with industry journalists is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality work, calmly and with good judgment in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.