Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsWhat You Will Be Doing
This role is for a hands-on User Interface Senior Software Engineer to develop IOT microservice applications for Industrial IOT business. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. Candidate should care deeply about user experience, design, and simplicity. Participated in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses - Product Managers
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release - deployment processes (CI/CD)
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructureWhat You Will Bring To The Team
• Experience React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
• Experience developing solutions using open source and DevOps frameworks and tools such as Github, Selenium.
• Experience working with Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum, TDD)
• Hands-on experience with front-end testing using Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium or equivalent framework.
• Strong background in modern tooling (Bower, Grunt, gyp, npm).
• Experience with modern microservices architecture, prior experience with micro-frontend technology and framework a plus.
• Experience with container technology, docker, Kubernetes a definite plus.
• Experience with backend technology, overall application lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus.
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Database experience with RDBMS and NoSQL.
• Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools, such as GIT, Perforce).
• Experience with build script and CI/CD.
• Experience with Golang is a plus.
• Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge