Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The role
We are looking to hire a product management leader with experience bringing data integration, big data, data quality, and metadata management products to market. The Hitachi Vantara portfolio is blessed with a unique set of capabilities and the company has an aggressive vision to create a differentiated data and analytics platform that will enable ground-breaking applications for IT and OT transformation. This product management leader will play a key role in the vision, strategy and execution behind this new offering.Job Responsibilities:
Required skills and experience:
- Identify openings in the market for new and innovative offerings
- Define product strategies that leverage existing or to-be-developed products and technologies, as well as potential partners
- Define and manage the product roadmap for your product or feature areas
- Work with engineering and design to deliver meaningful new capabilities
- Work with marketing, sales and services organizations to bring your product to market
- Identify key partners and work with technical alliances to maintain strong relationships
- Be a domain expert with mastery of both customer needs and product capabilities
- Evangelize product and roadmap with customers, analysts, and field organizations
- Manage pricing and packaging decisions
Desired skills and experience:
- 10+ years of work experience, 4+ years in software product management
- A strong track record of success in software product management roles
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical experience/aptitude
- MBA is a plus
- Deep experience with data integration, "big data" analytics, IoT, "Edge" processing, data fabric or metadata management
- Ability to work in San Francisco, Santa Clara, Boston, Orlando, or Lisbon offices
- Comfortable and effective working in a highly distributed, matrixed organization
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% of the time
- Hands-on AND big-picture; IQ AND EQ
Why you should want to do this job
- Experience conceptualizing and bringing new solutions to market
- Background and understanding of one or more regulatory frameworks, and customer/market responses. Examples include HIPAA, GDPR, BCBS 239.
- MBA is a plus
- To innovate and win at the intersection of AI, Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud technology
- To lead in a dynamic market and rapidly growing organization
- To seize an exciting opportunity for professional growth
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.