Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We recognise our biggest asset is our people, so we offer a flexible and highly collaborative workplace. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our diverse employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. Our people drive our innovation advantage and they are recognised in the industry for delivering unparalleled service to our customers across the globe.
We're looking for driven and passionate people to join us and, in return, we offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture where you can thrive and be yourself. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you care about powering social good and improving customer experience, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients, establishing relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. Our Digital Enterprise Practice specialises in the architecture and implementation of integrated enterprise Oracle applications. We collaborate as a team, working closely with internal Practice Leaders and, on the customer side, both technical and senior commercial stakeholders.What you'll be doing
This is a highly visible leadership role, reporting directly into the EMEA Digital Enterprise Practice leader, with complete responsibility for the growth of technology-led solution revenue streams and overall success of the technology side of the Digital Enterprise Practice.
Working on high profile client engagements, you will be defining, architecting and implementing Oracle enterprise solution landscapes that are deployed on-premise, in cloud, hybrid cloud or multi-cloud environments to deliver optimal business continuity. You will be facilitating technical workstream workshops to drive out risks and conduct pre-emptive problem solving, writing high level and low-level design specifications and supporting the elicitation and interpretation of integration requirements to select technologies that support our customers' digital transformation aspirations and outcomes.What you bring to the team
• Experience of large scale Oracle technology-based solutions within Oracle Unified Methodology (OUM) standards and XaaS Cloud solution delivery models
• Knowledge of high availability topologies, utilizing product options (Real Application Clusters (RAC), Active Data Guard, etc.) to deliver optimal systems availability for business-critical systems
• Familiarity with:
o Operating Systems (Oracle Linux / Red Hat Linux / other Oracle supported distributions)
o Oracle Database (Enterprise Edition) configuration and performance tuning
o Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic Server (WLS) - Application Server (legacy))
o Oracle E-Business Suite / JDE applications - architecture, installation and maintenance
o Identity Providers (Oracle Identity Cloud Service, Microsoft AD, adaptive access controls)
• Understanding of complementary technologies - virtual server, networking / virtual private networks, load balancers, storage subsystems, backup and recovery processes and Data Security requirements
• You follow and are passionate about technology industry trends and can share advice and expertise with your customers, extrapolating the business benefits of technology solutions to meet their needs
• A commitment to contributing to the broader Hitachi ecosystem and making Hitachi Vantara an inclusive and diverse place to work where all ideas are welcomeOur Values
We strive to offer a flexible work place for all employees. If you are interested in applying for our role but your circumstances require flexibility, get in touch for an informal discussion to explore how we can accommodate.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
- Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
- Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
- Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge