Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The role
We are looking for a Senior UX designer integrated in a design system team based in Porto.Rapidly designs prototypes of user interfaces and screen flows to refine in collaboration with Product Designer, Product Manager and Engineering. Ensures user experience and interfaces align with portfolio-wide guidelines and Supports Engineering to implement designs on schedule. Responsibilities
• Rapidly develop wireframes and prototypes of User Interfaces and screen flows, based on user journey from Product Designer, to test and refine with stakeholders
• Identify product- and feature-specific user experience metrics (e.g., length of time to complete a specific task) and refine design to achieve metrics
• Translate prototypes into detailed designs and specifications for UI Developers to build
• Lead development of Hitachi Vantara user interface assets that can be used across products to ensure consistency and interoperability across the portfolio
• Apply latest user experience best practices to design, while assuring that organization wide design guidelines are followed
• Ensure that designs for a specific feature complement the user experience for the entire product and portfolio
• Support Engineering teams during implementation as needed to ensure designs are realised in the shipped product
• Collaborate with User Researchers to assess usability of product features post-launch and identify opportunities to improve user experience Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience User Experience and Interface design for applications that have shipped and been well-received by users
• Ability to translate user journeys into wireframes and prototypes in Adobe Creative Suite and/or other tools (e.g., Sketch, InVision)
• Demonstrated experience in designing for diverse groups of people (e.g., international audiences, multi-language localization, etc.)
• Ability to combine design guidelines with creative aesthetic to deliver visually pleasing and intuitive user experience as demonstrated by portfolio of prior work
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.